Rob laMoy update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
After day one weigh in he is in 138th place with 3 fish for 3-13lbs.

He has a way to go and hope that his area really picks back up!

Randy!

Let's hope that day of rest doesn't come back to haunt him. :unsure:

3.14 both days, didn't make the cut and 150th place. The wind has been strong for the past two days down here in Maryland. First place guy had 18 the first day and 17 the second., clinging to a 2 lb lead, he is also from NY.

Rob said the tide never appeared in his areas yesterday... Wind... Something to experience" and learn from... Wasn';t practice or no practice... just the fickle weather... Tide was due in at around 11:00 (?) and instead of raising about 18-20 incehes ... nothing... guys were stranded on sand... Lake fishermen need to have experience with rivers and us inland guys need experience in tidal waters...

Rob related that he talked to the guy in 1st place after today's weigh-in. They were both doing about the same patterns. But, he was fishing different locations than Rob...

the wind can change the level of the tide quick on the potomac... what was his pattern?

mike c

His best areas were areound some recreational docks...

practice = more locations...sorry to hear rob...

Mini,

I don't think it was locations... I have since talked to another fisherman from a tidal area... It is learning to deal with the fish when the tides are "not there". It's another factor like temp, wind, rain, and current.

The other guy was running considerably father upriver and had been even during practice... He got lucky when he was able to just stay on his fish...

i have fished the potomac for quite a few years, some where the fish are always on, you just have to find them, and that means knowing the river or practice., any of the other river rats will confirm, there is always a spot on fire, this week it was not robs turn, maybe next time.

mike c

Understood Greg. Tides are yet another variable. I have never dealt with them myself, bu it is strange that you immediately mention that the other guy was fishing in a different location.

practice = more locations. period! :)

More to this 10% than most folks think. Lakes have their own items of concern as it relates to wind and current flow if power generation is present. Tide, wind, wind direction, moon phase (as it relates to the height of the tide), water clarity/quality/oxygen content/PH, and vegetation life-cycle all play a part in fish movement and feeding in tidal waters.

I have been fishing tidal water since 76. As stated in another post, if your not running the tides and including multiple patterns and places in your days events, your not going to have any pattern that will produce over a period of days. If the weather changes up and the tidal flow/temp/clarity/etc.. is altered, your pattern is going to change regardless of the location.

Then you throw the 90% luck factor into it.:lol:

Latest posts

Back