Replacement Trailer Hub Kit

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Langston

Reaction score
I am looking for a Replacement Trailer Hub Kit for my 2005 Tournament V18 trailer but do not know what size to buy. I want to keep the kit in the truck so if I have a problem on the road I can just swap out the hub instead of trying to put in bearings and seals. Does anyone know the correct size hub.

Thanks

Not sure of the size, but go to a Norther Tool and Equipment store. They have the whole kit, sealed up and ready to go (including grease). Measure the axle.

Tex

You will still need to know the axel size to get the right kit. It's good thinking to have a spare hub incase of emergency, but please think of this also. IF you have a bearing failure and you don't catch it in time, there will be damage to the axel. You will need a file, sandpaper and worse case a fire extinguisher. I found out a long time ago maint is cheaper than repair.

I do carry a spare hub assy also but like my spare prop I don't ever want to have to use it.

I have towed all kinds of trailers all across the U.S and the only failure I had was do to lack of maint. It's funny now, but I have to thank the good lord nobody was hurt.

BF

I wish I could help, but my Tournament V-18 is in the shop getting a tune up and I'm in Los Angeles for work. Sorry.

Most are 1 1/16"....you can get the bearings and seals at any parts store.

Thanks for the input, now next question two 1 1/16" hub kits are listed one rated 1350 # the other 1750# which do I get and also I am looking at oil bath hub kit to replace original hub any input on the oil bath hubs.

Thanks

Don't know about the oil bath hubs...I know Ranger and most of the top end boat trailers use them. BUT, IMHO....I think the maintenance on those are just as taskful.

You may want to knock out one of the races and take with you to be sure....should be a cross reference number they can look up.

When it comes to bearings and races...I take em' with me. Too many times, you'll get the wrong one.

Latest posts

Back