Recessed TM Pedal installation

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
I remember seeing a while back someone had installed an aftermarket recessed TM pedal on a Tracker ModV. Is that person still out there? Or has anyone else done this? I'm either getting old or fishing to much but I'm startin to feel the effects of standing on one foot to much!

I looked in the grab bag but did not find.

FYI - I found the discussion, April 2004 from Rob and the two websites. Has anyone installed this on a Tracker ModV with a MotorGuide?

Chris - I know that Steve R. has one on his Tracker, I think though he did it custom himself.

Trep

Thanks Trep/Harpo, I'm suprised you guys don't have them. (Maybe Tee has one?) In any event I will be contemplating on getting one, I will keep you informed. I also want to get a flush mount fishfinder and install on the slanted part of the bow next to the trim switch and trolling motor plug.

CJL - take a look at where your supports are first. I wanted to install one but I have support braces in the way. There may have to be modification to get it to fit. Just an FYI

Chris - I've not considered one as I am constantly repositioning my pedal. If i'm parallel fishing a bank i'll move the pedal so that the top is facing the bank so my body and right foot are facing the back. But, if i'm fishing a long point I might cast/face directly in front and move the pedal. I agree that it is less stress (from what i've seen/read) to have it recessed, but i've yet to find a reason since I keep moving mine during the fishing day.

Trep

Trep, I used to move mine around like that then one day I screwed it down just to see how I liked it and I never went back. You really can twist your ankle enough to do everything you need to do.

I would really like to have the pedal recessed more for a balance issue than anything else. I could probably get rid of the seat post if I didn't have to depend on it to maintain my balance while standing on one leg and riding out boat wakes and the like.

I just need one of those round tuits.

Harpo

Chris

One thing that you are going to have to take into consideration if you install a recessed area for you foot pedal is that you

I made mine as simple as cutting a hole in the deck and framing the recess out of some 2x2 strips and treated plywood.

I then folded the carpet down inside the hole and plopped the pedal into it and screwed it down.Some minor trimming so that the pedal would move freely,but the hole was not too big as to snag your shoe and it works slicker than frog snot.

When the motor is pointed straight ahead,the pedal lays flat about two inches above the deck.When you rock it forward or back,it actually goes down into the deck.

I also drilled a few holes to drain the water out,where it drains to I have no idea.

Tom Mac makes a good point.

Every time I drop a minnie on the front deck,the

little @#$%#$ always flops right down into the hole for the pedal.It probably looks like a pack of salted minnies under there.

I

d post a picture but I seem to have deleted them.If you want one let me know.

Steve

No I don't have one yet. Although I have considered makin' my own...I still like the idea of being able to move the pedal where I want. Sometimes with another person on the front..I can move it back and to the right out of the way. Or setting down..I like it to the right or left. Still pondering whether it will be worth it......

Steve R,

I'd know you were from PA if I didn't already know it because you fish with minnies from the crick!!! LOL!!!

Do you get the redfin dace minnies from your cricks?

Bob G.

What the heck is a "minnie"??? Is this some dropping from Mini that folks use for bait???? LOL

LOL@Trepper

You'll never make it in the sticks!!!

Bob G.

Trep, in the south I think they are more commonly refered to as "minners".

Harpo

Ohhh, Thanks Harpo!!! Heck my boat has 2 minnie wells!!! LOL

Actually Bob

we get Fathead minnies from our "cricks".

My back "creeks" when I get out of bed in the morning.LOL

Steve

MAC - Good to see you old dog!!! And ALWAYS with a wity comeback!!!!

So, what's new on S&T land???

Nothin' new on the S&T front Trep....business as usual.

Just continuing to waste too much time on a fruitless endeavor!! LOL

(Golf game is getting a little better though!!)

Latest posts

Back