Rally Tournament Proposed change

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Greco

Reaction score
me! and others attending the Rally, It looks like Saturday's tournament starts at 7:30. I've noticed on the Moors live lake cam that safe light is around 5:15AM. I was wondering if there was an interest in starting the tournament around 5:30AM or safe light instead of 7:30. Depending on water temperature there might be a topwater bite, besides nobody will be able to sleep in because of all the excitement. Let me know what you all think. Also, I thought it might be a good idea to get everyone's cell number in case of mechanical or medical problems out on the lake. If you will send me your name and cell number I will put them all on word and everyone can print a copy and keep on the boat in case trouble arises or if they want to call me to see what I'm catching all those hogs on! My email address is [email protected]

Be advised,..based on personal experience,..there's very poor cell phone coverage in that area. (Nextel anyway)

just an FYI....

Mac

One other thing to consider...

Daylight savings time kicks in this coming Sunday...

az

Teri, you get your keester up at 4:30, tie on a big Buzzbait, go find a flat that is next to deep water and win the big fish prize!!

TOXIC

I only have to catch one fish to win the BIG fish prize. 9:00 to 3:00 seems ample time to accomplish that. Sleep is something I rarely get to do although I have a feeling someone will make sure I can't do that.

Here is the data:

Saturday

17 April 2004 Central Daylight Time

SUN

Begin civil twilight 5:49 a.m.

Sunrise 6:16 a.m.

Sun transit 12:53 p.m.

Sunset 7:30 p.m.

End civil twilight 7:57 p.m.

MOON

Moonset 4:50 p.m. on preceding day

Moonrise 5:32 a.m.

Moon transit 11:37 a.m.

Moonset 5:51 p.m.

Moonrise 5:56 a.m. on following day

Information can be gotten from the link below:
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.html

Last year, 7:30 was just about right. There are hills on the eastern side of the lake and the sun was just coming up over them as we launched.

Remember..... We're all gonna be up the night before after the crappie fry and Trepper's beer.....

(Except me! I go to bed at 9:00 regardless and drink Diet Barq's!)

Of course, you REALLY early birds can alway go out and fish for a couple of hours and then come back at 7:15..... :)

Spend from Sunrise to the start of tourney looking for Morels.

Buzz

I'm up either way you guys want to do it.

Al - You've already got my cell phone!

What time is the restaurant open for breakfast?? I like to eat before I fish!!

Bob G.

Just called, they open the restaurant at 6AM.

It is important for everyone to have fun at this rally.....

While some of us do get up early.....

And some of us are highly competitive.....

Not everyone is.

So I set the time at 7:30 as sort of a compromise.

As Chairperson, I reserve the right! :)

me!, I'm cool with the start time, I just got to thinking about all those big bass jumping on my secret topwater bait. They are just going to have to wait until after 7:30 to jump all over it. My competitive side stems from years of tournament fishing and I think having an identical twin and be compared since day one has really made me super competitive in anything I(we) do. I'm there for all the fun, can't wait!

LOL! You've seen the picture of John Foster and me (as Scott) that I have in my library..... Appropriately labeled "twins" as in DeVito and Schwartzenegger..... It was taken at the first NTOWS rally in 2001.....
twins(1).jpg

P.S.

I'm not real comfortable with asking people to put their cell numbers on a list any more than I am with asking them to share their home numbers or addresses. I think this would be better done by just exchanging #'s with those you want to have it.....

I have no problem giving out mine: 314-378-2430.

I do ask that you contact me by e-mail whenever possible: [email protected]

me!, I think we have you beat on looking alike.....you'll see in a couple of weeks. I understand the concern about giving out cell phone numbers. If anyone is uncomfortable don't give it to me and just exchange your number with someone your comfortable with prior to blast off. I'm pretty comfortable with most of the members of this site and personally would prefer the piece of mind of having someone else's number in case I have problems out on the water in an unfamiliar lake. To each his own, the offer still stands on emailing me your cell number to be distributed to only the folks that have supplied a number. I'm a ex-NY'er so I'm extra cautious about putting my number on a public website, don't mind on email though.....Al.

Bob G - Don't worry, i'll have food on the boat! I don't eat breakfast until about 1 hour or so after i'm up, so I usualy eat all day long while i'm fishing!! Maybe that's why my boat is so slow, too much FOOD!!! LOL

I also feel comfortable telling you the the phone number for The White House is 202-456-1414.

Just call JR "Hanibal"!!!! LOL

Just call me (Trep not Staci) Mad Dog Murdock!!!

I personally like the 7:30 time.Gives everybody time to shake off the cobwebs and get some food and coffee.

If it was summer and 90 degrees,that would be another story.

JR, no one has EVER accused me of being part of the "In-Crowd"! LOL!!

Latest posts

Back