Rally Poll '05

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well, I guess somebody had to bring this up. I agree with Buzz and think we need to throw it up for comment and discussion as to next years rally location. That being said, I know the members on the left coast are not going to like anywhere that they cannot get to (and I don't blame them), likewise if by consensus Kentucky Lake get's the nod, then so be it. Remember, if it is not at Kentucky Lake, then someone is going to have to step up to organize (hopefully with help).

It's on the table, let's talk............

TOXIC

I volunteer Mac, Mahke, and Mini to hold the Rally on St. Clair

I am for keeping it as is.

Rich D

LOL...out of those 3 names,..you have 1 that owns a Tracker,..and we're working on changing that as we speak!!

LOL!!! Take it away Kenny boy!!!

I'd throw in the Winneconne Chain in Wisconsin (Lake Winneconne, Butte des Morts, Poygan, Lake Winnebago, Fox River, and Wolf River all rolled up in one)

If it were in June I'd have a chance at going. Love to meet some of you all.

fatrap

Im for one in Michigan...I think Mac should set one up down on St. Clair (enen though he dont own a Nitro...:)

T.S.

Just to clarify, I'm going to try my best to be where ever it is next year. And I will help coordinate where ever it is, even if I have to get there a couple of days early. I would throw any of the lakes within striking distance of me. Last year a lake in PA was thrown out....that's close to a lot of people. There is Buggs Island/Kerr Reservoir here in VA. I do not think the potomac is an option for the smaller trackers, it's just tooooo dangerous. My house (the Hammer Hilton as we call it) will have an open door policy for those who need a place to regroup or stay. I'm trying to commit as much as possible for next year just to open the possibilities up.

TOXIC

I looked into Raystown lake in PA. The link for the resort is below. It is more expensive than the Moors unless we go mid to late October. I do not want the hassle of organizing it though.

Rich D
http://www.raystownresort.com/

Lake Hefner.....Harpo and I could come, we could stay at the Waterford Hotel!

LOL

Please, if you have an idea of here to go, don't just mention the Lake or whatever. Some of us "ahem" don't know where they are geographically.

I agree with Toxic that the Potomac can be dangerous for smaller boats if the weather kicks up BUT, I don't see any difference between the Potomac and a large lake if that happens. I have been on Anna when I thought I was going to die if I tried to cross.

That's my .02 worth.

In my area there are a number of places that would be safe and large enough to everyone to fish. They are however, tidal rivers. There's the Choptank, Nanticoke and Pocomoke to just name three. They are all, Nanticoke especially, good fisheries with plenty of Bass. All of the above are on Marylan's eastern shore. And don't forget the Susquahanna Flats area just outside Baltimore. You have the entire Flats area (head of the Chesapeake)that is a basically a shallow bowl with two rivers flowing into it (the Susquahanna and the Northeast)that hold numbers of Bass. I may be wrong because until last year I didn't get to fish for a long time, but I believe either a Bass Classic or major Bass tournament was held there.

Please remember to tell where these places are.

Bill

Buggs or the beautiful James River, Home to Three BMC and The Cup last year

Lake Hefner!! Haaa!

Seriously, I like the idea of traveling to the rally. I just couldn't do it this year. Having it more centraly located makes it possible for more memebers to show up and that's what it's really all about, isn't it? I like the idea of traveling to another state to meet all you guys but I don't think the east coast or Penn. or Mich. is doable for me. Just way way too far to drive. I'm sure folks in those states are saying the same thing.

All that said I vote for Kentucky Lake in May. There aren't that many active members west of Texas and Oklahoma and Kansas and it seems like a beautiful spot. Except I do expect to catch more that 1 little bass.

Harpo

I vote for Buggs Island/Kerr. I also don't mind going back to Kentucky but Kerr is so ggod especially in May.

Well...Just to be different.....How about Lake of the Woods in Canada. Pierre and I could organize the entire event( He dosn't know it yet)....MMMM....Canadian beer Bradour ...Canadian Walleye...Largemouth , Smallmouth, Muskie, Lake Trout....oh yeah and Cuban Cigars too!

I'm all for St. Clair. Mini and Mac...take it away! Can I come with my Ranger??? LOL

Ranger owners don't plan Nitro/Tracker Rally's......sorry!!

I don't care if you begged,....homey ain't gonna bother!!

Take it away Mach!! LOL

Ahhhh c'mon Big Mac, dontcha wanna run the rally? YOU can win "Best Dressed" next year. But if YOU come out in a nighty, I'm hiring a hitman to shave your entire Chiamac arse!

Mac,

I just wanna do a little rallying with ya in May when you get the new rig!!!

Mac,

Let me know a date for June so I can get a day off.

Bob G.

MAC WILL ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NOT HOST A RALLY...NOT NOW...NOT THEN....NOT EVER!!!!

Now can I go with you???

much better,.....yeah..I'll callya when it's in,...but Craig and Kathy are going out first! I owe them BIGTIME!

LOL

Let's not forget the mini-rally concept either, looks like Rob is putting one together for Champlain, CIII and I are trying our hardest to get up to see the Michigan Mafia (more like river riff-raff). Buggs Island is a beautiful place but it would be all camping (which is fun, unless mother nature decides to punish). Kentucky Lake is equally as far from me as Champlain. If enough wanted to go I would be in for Canada, and I mean that, I'd be there!!

TOXIC

The biggest problem with Michigan (especially St. Clair) is that we can NOT fish for Bass until the last Saturday in JUNE...Who the heck wants to wait that long?

I like the idea of a South/Central Rally because it gives us Northern guys a chance to cure the fever.

How about Pickwick Lake in Tenesse? They got some Toad smallies in there.

Fishing St. Clair doesn't require a "Rally". Mark Gross spent a weekend last year. Curtis, Rob, Buzz...all those guys came out to visit. The doors are always open.

Where ever you guys choose, as long as it's not over 1000 miles, I will try to be there next year with Buzz in tow. But ANY mention of thongs, panties, or nighties, and I'm bailin!

THONGSPANTIESNIGHTIES

THONGSPANTIESNIGHTIES

THONGSPANTIESNIGHTIES

THONGSPANTIESNIGHTIES

THONGSPANTIESNIGHTIES

Ain't you bringin the nauga-thong?

That's right, Lamoy is the pink panty poodlewalker!

Staci volunteers to set up a rally on Kentucky Lake.

May 5th through 8th, 2005.

At The Moors Resort.

It seems as though the Rally this year was a great success (once again - special accolades to Staci for her work and effort). It also seems that there were attendees from a wide variety of areas, since it was centrally located.

If you have a rally too far North or South, then you are not going to get much participation at all from the alternate site. Same for East/West.

Everyone seems to like their area (MI, NY, etc.). Buggs Island would be nice, but I think it would be difficult for quite a number to get there. Of course I could suggest Black's Camp at Santee Cooper (hawgs, crappie and blue catfish to haul in), but I don't believe it is centrally located enough.

KY Lake at the Moors is a proven location. We already have an experienced Project Manager/Chief Organizer in Staci, that has once again offered to take our abuse, and remain a gracious host.

Stepping down off my soap box. . . .

Though I know that the dates above mean missing a Federation Tournament next year, I'm ready to sign up and commit to KY Lake.

Tex

Call Shirley now and make your reservation.

NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME!

You will be billed mid-September.

She is holding rooms and cottages for us until November 1st.

800-626-5472

Ummm, Queen Staci, begging your fogiveness your almightyness, but I believe it was still up for discussion.

Does anyone know anything about Guntersville Lake in Alabama? I saw a tournament on TV from there and they sure hauled in some huge Bass.

Bill

How about some where in new england??? there are a tons of members on this side of the US that would like to go..

That was not an insult. Trust me, if I wanted to insult you, EVERYONE would know it was an insult. Just trying to subtly let you know to rein it in a tad. There are actually folks on this board that might want to go somewhere else, and feel "safe" in areas other than KY Lake.

Far be it of me, a lowly Ranger owner to coordinate any more Nitro/Tracker events, but I liked the idea of rotating the "BIG" annual rally around the country, so everyone would eventually have the opportunity to attend. And meanwhile, for those that can go that far, have small local mini rallies like we do each year on Champlain. Ya know, just to fish, eat, drink, and make fun of those at the big rally! LOL And of course, everyone rags on the "bragging, pink panty wearin', snow dancin', right wing, conservative, loudmouth, aspiring 'wannabe' pro".

I had a great time at the rally. It was a blast to meet everyone and party every night! Never left the resort for 3 days. That being said, I had the choice to fly there or drive 20+ hours. I flew and had to pay extra to get my fishing stuff on the plane and had two layovers to keep it somewhat affordable. Driving myself would have chewed up more vacation time. I would be willing to go there again if I could drive and had one or two riders in my crew cab to share the driving/sleeping time and gas. That would be the only way for me to make it to Kentucky on any kind of a regular basis.

In a nutshell, I want the rally to be somewhere I can drive in a reasonable timeframe to get there and not be to fried to have fun.

Bob G.

I think we should try Pickwick. The lake is at the boarder of TN, MS and AL. In this months Field & Stream it is rated the #2 Smallie lake in the country right behind Lake Erie.

Tenesee boarders Georgia so I think "King TIN" should organize it....LOL

Seriously though, lets not rule it out just yet. I'm sure there is a place comparable to The Moors that can accomodate us.

The only problem I have with KY Lake is that in the last two years, there hasn't been a single limit weighed. No one knows more than I do that Rally is just as much about hanging out and meeting everyone here but a few limits wouldn't hurt. The year the Rally was on Champlain I think every team weighed a limit a fish (except Mac & Neeley, but we won't got there).

PICKWICK!!!!

Bob, next year drive west to MI and I 'll drive South to PICKWICK!!!

_____

_____

___

_____

That's only FOUR! And one of 'em is short.

The weather/water temps were the problem with the catch.....

May 5th through 8th takes care of that.

The weather/water temps were the problem with the catch.....

May 5th through 8th takes care of that.

Yeah, that's whay I said in last year's BFL...and nobody believed ME either. Not "me" me, ME me! Ahh, nevermind.

I ike the fact that the rally travels around, there could be some min rallies, but the major travels the country. Obviously I won't be able to make all of them, but as it stands one out of three ain't bad, and I had myhands in the first one a little bit.

Last year I offered to hold a rally in Canada, and would'nt mind doing it, however, the only problem is that May is too early, the season is not open. I could hold an event in Sept oct. though.

Lake of the woods is a tremendous area, but even though I'n in Canada, I'm still 26 hours away....but Bill is there, and he knows everybody ;)

As this is a Nitro and Tracker Owners Web Site, nobody said it had to be a current owner. Past owners could organize this and feel too bad, and I would love to fish 'Clair, and it's only 10 hours away from me.....I promise to bring Bill, I'll swing by and pick him up.

My vote: 'Clair with Marke and his new Ranger.

Pierre

If the the Shocker gang is there next year, I'm gonna try to make it no matter where it is!

And it's definitely better to hang with Ken than to be on his "list"!! LOL! Ken, you're a riot to hang with and thanks for putting up with me. And if you ever need a double uni-knot b*tch.....LOL!

Bob G.

_______

_______

___

______

Roughly,

19% of our members are from the south

8% from the west/mountain region

11% are from the New England/Northeast

23% are from the eastern/southeastern seaboard

7% from the chilly north

25% from the midwest/plains area

1% from Canada

There is no way to have one rally everyone can comfortably drive to. I haven't seen anyone other than Staci stepping to the plate. If you want a rally somewhere else, quit talkin and start arrangin! I will be in KY in May 05 and possibly others in range!

Rich D

Nice to see you keep such a close eye on all my weigh in performances "me". Yeah, that was the one I was referring too. Everyone has an occasional bad day and I was overdue. Won't happen again for a while. Course, it is a bit hard to concentrate on fishing when your bobbing around in 5+ foot swells. Not that I'm making excuses...other guys caught fish.

We'll just have to wait and see what this year has in store. Or if I ever get to another rally.

Kentucky Lake will be better beginning of May due to weather and mostly water levels(1.5 foot higher). Summer pool and lots of brush for flippin'. That being said, a 15" min. makes it hard to expect everyone to limit, but that time of year should see everyone catching 15 to 20 bass a day. Pickwick is also a great lake for big smallies but gets hit hard all year with 6 to 8 tournaments a weekend. I wanted to come this year but had two tournaments last weekend. I would like to see either of the two lakes and would do my best to come next year.

Mahke,

You gotta girlfriend in Tennessee or something?!?

LOL

BobG,

It was great hanging with you too...almost as good as Greg(sniff-sniff)

I'm glad I could teach a few of you about the Shocker....next year I'll show you how it works if you can find me a willing female participant!!!

Rich D,

What we need to do is get a map of the US (because our mental georgraphy blows) and draw a 600 mile (aprox 10 hour drive) radius from a few different lakes and see what percentage of members land in the circle.

Silly Marke, everyone KNOWS that Champlain is the center of the universe! What more geography do you need? LOL I'm game for St. Clair, but by the sounds of it, if I come too, it will end up having to be a Tracker/Nitro Owners AND Ranger owners rally! LOL Could be interesting.

I still like Champlain better than Clair....but don't tell anyone.

Marke,

I will see what I can find.

St. Clair wouldn't be bad. At least they got real fish there.

Rich D

I'm ok with a Nitro/Tracker/former Nitro/Tracker owner now Ranger owner Rally!! 929 or 520....it's all the same to me.

Ken, I think I've got the shocker figured out! But a willing participant next year could be interesting after a few drinks!

Bob G.

They used to have one at Bull Shoals, Dave.

I think last year was the first that they didn't have it.

Make that Table Rock. Thanks, Marke!

If anybody is interested in a Lake Erie rally out of Presque Bay,I can dig up some info.

It has a 3500 acre sheltered bay with lots of huge smallies for the smaller boats,and the bigger boats can hit the main lake.

If you like fishing weeds,the lagoons hold some monster largemouths.

Steelhead are still being caught in the bay till the end of April or so.

HUGE crappie

JUMBO perch

pike

musky

and the Walleye...MMMMMMMMM

fisherie.com
erie.bmp

What ever you decide, I will Try to make it next year. Rob, if you need someone to share cost holler, we can take the Av, just to keep everyone happy.

It sure is Dave.

I try to get there every chance I get.Drop the wife and kids off at the beach,and a fishin' I go.

Not to mention the "sights" on the bike/walking path.%)

Jim, I'm game. But WHY would I want to keep everyone happy??? LOL

Steve R,

Presque Isle Bay sounds pretty good. When would be the best time for fishing?

I did some Mapquesting from a few major areas to Erie, PA and here is what I got for miles:

Columbus, OH 240

Detroit, MI 271

Indianapolis, IN 413

Burlington, VT 494

Boston, MA 543

Nashville, TN 618

Raleigh, NC 622

St. Louis, MO 658

Atlanta, GA 806

Looks situated for northeasterners and midwesterners. Southerners would have a bit of a drive and the westerners get screwed anyway you look at it if it's not out west.

Bob G.

There's nothing saying that the "official" rally can't move and there can still be a mini rally at the Moors for those who have a connection with that establishment.

Sponsor happy, fishermen (and women) happy.

I'll help either way.

TOXIC

The only problem with Erie is the fact that we'll have to wait until the PA season opens in mid-June. I was able to attend the rally at Champlain that Rob hosted (by the way Rob, you did a great job on that event). The problem with that time of year is that it really starts to cut in to clib tournaments that a lot of northern people attend. There are a lot of pros/cons to anything. Fishing and weather conditions and associated state season guidelines will in all reality prohibit the Rally for this site from being held on a particular date annually unless it is continually held at the same site. I have never been to Kentucky Lake. I have only ever fished Champlain when we had the tournament there. I live in PA and have never fished at Erie. Fishing in different lakes helps to enhance one's skills and abilities. Besides, who wants to fish in the same place all of the time. I like the idea of a "traveling" tournamnet provided that people step to the plate and host it. If that doesn't work, then it seems as if there is an open invitation to go to the Moors.

It seems as if there is a stronger concensus to go somewhere other than KY Lake next year. I'll stand on the side of movement.

As for a mini rally at Raystown PA in October, I am currently in negotiations with the people at the resort to plan a family event there in June. I'll be seeing what I can get out of them for a possible tourney in October when a lot of the pleasure boaters are gone.

The way I see it the next rally needs to be equal or better than the last. This give the rally an abilty to grow as it has over the years. We need to vote on someplace and someone to sucessfully manage and promote this thing to get maximum number of members there. Who ever decides to step up and head this thing next year they have bigs shoes to fill. Iam open to travel and seeing new places as the next person, but honestly I would be bummed to see it fizzle next year without all possabilites fully thoughout. Simply to move it for the sake of having it at a different location would be wrong, unless we could equal/excede the number of people & sponsers as this year.

Until then my vote is KY lake.

Donnie

Well, Presque Isle Bay seems to be the closest to me so far.

390 miles from Annapolis, MD. AND, after looking at the map I know just where to fish.. "MISERY BAY" seems like a good place to start a new place :)

Bill

I have no idea what kind of accomodations are at Presque Isle Bay, but it seems to be located within driving distance to a lot of the people that attended this years rally. Just a thought....

Bob G.

Preque Isle would be cool, but I don't think (and I could be wrong) that any lake or bay side accomodations have mooring slips. It is not a big issue, but it is a nice perk.

Rich D

Boy have I been burning up MapQuest trying to find all of the places "y'all" have mentioned.

I'm going to try again.. Has anyone been to, or know anything about Guntersville Lake in Alabama?

Bill

Latest posts

Back