Ashokan Reservoir

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
I was in NY last weekend and got to fish on the Ashokan Reservoir. You need a permit to fish there and you cannot fish a boat with any kind of motor (gas or electrical).

My brother has about 5 jon boats located at different parts of the reservoir and you basically row to where you want to go.

There is something about that location that is special. Most people there are throwing crawdads to catch the big smallies.

We were throwing crankbaits and having a field day. I also used my new whacky finesse jig head and caught them on senkos. I was hoping for a nice brown trout as I have never caught one there and my brother has.

Sometimes, the best part of fishing is the scener and this ranks right up there with some of the glacier lakes I fish in NH - clean, gin-clear water and abundant fish and other wildlife.

Here is a photo from the road approaching the reseervoir.

Ashokan%20Reservoir%20June%2024%202007%20Photo1.jpg

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Sounds like a great place to fish. No jet skis, no water skiers, no tubers, just peace and quiet.

That's my kind of lake.:)

Steve

Latest posts

Back