Rally is only tow months away!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
OK, it just dawned on me that our rally is only 2 months out. If you intend to come, please register. Prizes are looking great. Rain has helped the lake a great deal. If you need to book rooms, please see older posts in the events section on the left.

Ken, when do you and Mac plan to come up that week?

No, original title's correct, Rob...it would take me months if I had to tow my rig to the rally!!

We will be leaving here EARLY thursday morning the 6th.......head for home EARLY a.m. the 10th.

Great Mac. You guys should be in town Thursday night then. I am stuck in the same small home for now, but if you like, I can see if I can con my father in law into letting be borrow his 5th wheel and put in the yard for the weekend for you guys. I think we can put some time on the water on Friday to prep you guys! Hint!

Yeah,..we planned on fishing all day friday to get the lay o'the land.....we were planning on camping,..no need to bug your father in-law....we don't want to impose on anybody for anything!! We'll just show up....have a few C&L's....fish a BUNCH,.....and abuse Scott like it was our jobs!!! LOL

BTW,..there will be Champy ka-bobs for everyone friday night,...we're going to nail that lizard!!

Whatcha towin up? If you like you can stay at our place. No trouble at all, and that way you can charge up each night. If not, let me know and we can meet at the launch Friday morning. Like I told Pierre, best maps of the lake are Fishing Hotspots. USGS don't really show a lot of hidden structure. I think Pierre and I are already planning on being out there on Friday.

We'll probably have my 901.....we'll get maps either there or on the way......unless our store carries champlain maps...will have to check.

This Chihuahua has his cardboard box, stick and string already picked out! Chocolate covered strawberries, white chocolate covered blueberries and champagne stored away for bait!

No Barbeque! Champette is mine!!

Here Lee-zard, Lee-zard, Lee-zard!

me!

Scott, Champ will use you for a toothpick when he's done munchin' on Mac and Ken! LOL

Countin the days,

The weekend before headed for the Potomac River for 1ST Of the season Northeast Division BFL tournament. Then your Rally the following weekend. Hey Rob, what do you know about the LCI INC. Team TRAIL? I was thinking of fishing a couple of their tournaments. Jim

Jim,

I was burnt in an LCI years ago. It used to be just a weekend event on Father's day weekend every year. As a teen to keep me out of trouble, my mom registered us as a family. (To this day, my mom still loves to fish, when our schedules allow it) I found a lot of people cheating then. They had weigh in stations troughout the lake that were manned by folks that literally did not know the difference between a smallie and a pike. My understanding now is that it is much better, and they are drawing some serious anglers now. I may consider fishing one as our Fed club president has recommended it. Only if doesn't conflict with federation. My wife and I had a chat last night, and the possibility of me going full time is more real now than ever. She is even considering let me buy a 901! Yipee! Had a little something to do with me putting her in a new 929 at the dealership the other day. She said, "you can make it to the classic you know!" From my wife, that was the biggest turn on for me ever! LOL A little off the subject, but the other day, my 4 year old boy was asking what some baits were as he assisted in my annual tackle bag clean-up, where he gets to stock up his box real well, I over heard my wife say, "that's a spinnerbait, and that's a top water" Guys when I met this girl, she didn't know a rod from a reel. WOW, finally my whole familly is alligned and ready for charge at the big times. Ever get that deep gut feeling, a real good one, that something spectacular is about to happen this year? Can't wait to see what the big man has is store for me this season! So I may fish the LCI's for the exposure.

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that a good woman is instrumental in one's success, regardless of their actual "hand's on" contributions!! Kathy help's me in more ways than I can think of,.....she's NOT a fishermen in any stretch of the imagination, but she supports me to the very end!! I have attained goals and levels of recognition the past 2 years with her support that would have been virtually impossible on my own!! I can count on her to handle things at home, with our daughters, and with all the other distractions that come up, when I'm on the road or at a tournament or some other function.

I can focus entirely on the tasks at hand and NOT worry about other stuff, because I know she can handle it. That is a very powerful tool when it comes to getting things done!! She is my best friend,..a great business partner,..an outstanding mother,...a loyal and dedicated friend to her friends AND mine,...and she's without a doubt,..the BEST thing that's ever happened to me!!...(no she doesn't read this site,...i don't need to suck up,..LOL) I love her to death and I thank God everyday for having her in my life. The BIG Guy upstairs has deffinetely blessed me in more ways than i could ever count, but I'm reassured every single day that I have Kathy, Jamie, Julie and my family and friends to remind me!!

Mac

Mac's right, his wife rocks! While I only got to talk with her for a couple of minutes, it was very obvious in that short period of time that she is VERY supportive of Mac and his blossoming career. Heck, she even brought 'em cookies!

I can only hope that someday I get my crap together and find someone half as supportive...

You aren't in bad shape either Mr. President,......your present "Intern" is Dy-No-Mite!!!".....LOL She's a keeper!!!!

My buddy and I will be arriving around noon Thursday and be heading back on Tuesday morning. We'l be staying at a cottage in Peru and would like to hook up with you guys for some liquid refreshment after a arm wearing day on the water.

You're in bigdog!!!! We'll have Rob organize a meetin' point and we'll all get together for some prime time limes and laughs!!!

Will do. As the date nears, I will get cell #'s or ways to contact each of you and we'll put down some suds and lie a lot about how we did in practice!

Hope were all invited to share in those spirits, and storie telling times. Plan on being up therer that Friday night after work. So, would like to meet everyone if possible.

Will be up there Friday myself, hope to hook up with everyone.

Looks like we're going to need another trophy for the Friday night party!!..aahhhahaa.....I hope that EVERYONE who's around friday will join us!!

The BS award, I'm on it! Should I just put Ken's name on it now? LOL

I get stuck in traffic this morning, then gotta come in to this???

Thanx Rob!!!LOL

Stuck in traffic at the boat launch probably! LOL HEY every good prez HAS to know how to BS to get elected. I didn't say it was a bad thing! LOL

I wish I were at a boat launch...you don't know what it's like sitting here all day looking at a bunch of sparkly new Nitro's and a tankful of toads...it's like putting a heroin addict in a poppy field!!!

You're a better man than me Ken. I'd have at those tanks every break I had! And do a LOT of field testing my boat inventory, for QA purposes of course. All for the good of the customer!

It sure has helped me to see the baits work in the tank....

Mini

Latest posts

Back