Quickare, Quickleen, QuickStor?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Randolph

Reaction score
I understand Quickleen is a concentrated cleaner and should be used periodically.

But it sounds to me like Quickstor is just a higher concentration of Quickare.

If you use Quickare every time you put fuel in the tank and especially if you are running non-ethanol fuel, is there any reason to add QuickStor at the end of the season?

And if there is, can you just add it to fuel that already has Quickare in it?

Also is there a risk to winding up with too high a concentration of this stuff in the tank if you are never running the tank empty?

Merc must have re-named their products. I used quick Kleen but here you go:

Mercury Quickare - Fuel Treatment

Every fill-up fuel treatment

12 fl oz bottle

Treats 120 gallons of fuel

Maximize engine performance with all grades of gasoline

Help corrosion, gum and varnish build-up and phase separation associated with ethanol-blended fuel

Help control moisture and corrosion problems with non-ethanol fuel

Clean up existing varnish and gum deposits from fuel lines, tanks, carburetors, injectors, intake valves and spark plugs

Keep fuel fresh between fill-ups

$9.23

Mercury Quickleen - Fuel System Cleaner

Engine and fuel system cleaner

12 fl oz bottle

Treats 60 gallons of fuel

Quickly and thoroughly remove carbon deposits from carburetors and injectors, intake valves, spark plugs, piston crowns and cylinder heads

Prevent engine knocking and piston seize-up

Extend spark plug life

Does not contain fuel stabilizers

Use with Quickare to prevent fuel breakdown

$10.90

Mercury Quickstor - Fuel Stabilizer Mercury Quickstor - Fuel Stabilizer

Fuel Stabilizer

12 fl oz bottle

Treats 60 gallons of fuel

Prevents regular and ethanol-blended fuel from breaking-down and oxidizing

Keep fuel fresh for up to a year

Prevent fuel system corrosion

Prevent gum and varnish from forming in the fuel and setting in the fuel lines and tanks, carburetors and injectors

Keep injectors and carburetor lubricated

So do as they say and add the Quickcare to every tank and the Quickstor when you put it up for the winter (with a full tank). You can't overdose your motor unless you put gallons of the stuff in there. I would use all of the above and if you do use it during the winter just add the recommended amounts when you add fuel.

TOXIC

This topic has been discussed quite a bit. A master Merc. tech named Don Weed suggests a "cocktail" for EVERY tank of gas. This is what I do also.

1oz quickleen

1oz stabil

1-2 oz seafoam

for every 6 gallons of gas.

You cannot get an concentration if you never run empty as long as you are following correct ratios. I premix the coctail and then add the appropriate amount right at the gas pump every time I put gas in it.

Don and I have discussed this MANY times.....end result....+1. I do feel that Sea-Foam by itself does the job though....;)

Thanks for the replys guys. The coctail idea is pretty sound as I have run a mix of Sta-Bil and OMC cleaner in my older Evinrude. With the new motor I think there might be some validity to using only Merc products during the warranty period.

Latest posts

Back