Splitting fuel line to connect to kicker motor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Harrison

Reaction score
I got a 2012 Tracker Targa V18WT with the 150 Four Stroke and I picked up a Mercury 8HP four stroke kicker. I don't have a 2nd pickup port on my fuel tank so I need to split the fuel line. I am getting mixed information from the two dealers in my area.

Dealer 1 says;

Put a "Y" in the fuel line and off each end of the "Y", have a primer bulb or a check valve inline with each motor.
Or Use a 3 way fuel valve and run fuel line directly to the valve and switch the valve to the motor you want to run.

Dealer 2 says,

Use a water fuel separator and hook your main motor to one of the output ports with no primer bulb and hook the other output port to your kicker with a primer bulb. He says it will not pull fuel/air from the main. The water fuel separator acts just like a fuel tank with two pickup ports.
They say the reason for no primer bulb on the new 150 Four strokes is, you don't want someone priming the main motor or it will have to be brought in and put through a procedure to get it to run right due to the EFI.

Seems everyone has a different way of doing it. Looking for a best practice. Any help is appreciated.

Latest posts

Back