Question for all you car guys and gals

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Jones

Reaction score
When I put up my 65 Mustang (check My Library for photos) in the garage (attached, 2 car, heated and insulated) for the winter, I take the cables off the battery to keep the alarm sysytem from running it down. Is it better to have a full tank of gas or low tank of gas (with Sta-bil or the like either way, of course)? Any other suggestions for it sitting about 4-5 months?

Doesn't sound like you have any condensation issues, I would be concerned with that but your garage is heated/insulated I would think full tank and Sta-bil would do the trick, a low tank or empty then you might have some rust develop or you could just leave that beauty with me in Sunny Florida and I would wash it every day.... try to fill with non ethanol if you can find it

Happy Winter...

Tom ~ we'll be driving by weekend after thanksgiving, and mustangs are Noah's favorite muscle cars, so we've got a bay free in the garage and promise to drive it every weekend! I agree no ethenol gas higher octane and stabil full tank. Did that with the nitro for 18 months while in china, she still runs great.

Tom here Is what my buddy says..Fill It up use STA-BIL..Start It a Min of once a month( I am doing 2 weeks) Let It warm up...Now here Is the kicker, run your air cond. If It has it once a month,,Need to keep the bearing lubed..I am starting mine every 2 weeks and keeping It covered...I hate cold weather,I can't hardly move anymore the old joints really hurt,to many operations..HA HA

JR He has an asst.of classics and a dragster..

Thanks everyone...

Mike- I can still get non-ethanol at a couple of stations here still and use it for my mowers and lawn equip., etc. also. Fl has too many pop-up showers! My car has never been out in the rain.:wub:

Trep-My Mu$tang would be a great bithday pre$ent for Noah if you want to buy it for him???;):cool:

JR-I forgot about the AC.:wacko: It does have the old original add-on 1960's Sears under dash AC unit on this car and it works great still. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back