Tips on running after un-winterizing?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Gang - Got my 700lx back from the dealer last night, they un-winterized her, tuned her up, hooked up my new batteries, replaced and packed my bearings, and she's all charged up in the garage. I have a full tank of Premium I put in 15 months ago which at the time I added the recommended Stabil to it. Probably one nite next week i'll take her out for an hour or so to check everything out. Dealer said she was hard to start (not unexpected after 15 months), and I should run her for an hour or so to get a lot of the older/stabil gas through her, and then start adding back new regular.

Any other suggestions to look for from you guys/gals who actualy winterize your boats each year??

I've got a new fish finder I need to run/hook up too, but want to get her running smooth first, and wring out any issues.

Trep

Should be good.....like he said, run the snot out of it and put fresh in.

I wish it wasen't raining today or i'd be out right now!!

Then gotta run new transducers, mounts for my other birthday present (the Magnum was one!) the Humminbird 987c SI!! Can't wait to see the detail on this thing!

Will let ya know in a week how it runs

Trep

I'd personally take some of that older gas out and run it in my truck.

double check that you are not taking on water once she is floating, just in case a hose or something to the livewell was not tightened all the way, and make sure everything works before you get to far away.

Was just wondering about the Stabil you're using. I was told by my dealer that the Stabil you buy @ Walmart and etc won't work with the ethanol in our gasolines nowadays. The ethanol will breakdown the other stuff. I just winterized my boat last weekend and bought some stabil made for marine use, and it was like $10.00 for the bottle but it will treat 80 gallons so i'll be good for a couple years anyways.

the stabil i bought that i for ethanol was blue not red in color.

mike c

I always run mine in the driveway With the water muffs on for a while to burn off the fogging oil.

That way I know it will start ok when I get to the lake and not look like a 'smoke machine' when I start it.

I agree with Berry on the fuel. Bad gas will make a 2 stroke go boom in a hurry. With it being over a year old I think I'd drain it and start fresh.

Other then that it sounds like your good to go.

Latest posts

Back