Props

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julio Santana

Reaction score
I have a Merc 90 on my 700 LX now. No one seems to make the right size SS prop for my motor...not even Mercury. Anyone know or would I just need to get the next motor a little larger?!

What are you runnin'? I have a 13x21P and works well...just like to squeeze a few more MPH's...

TEE

12.5 X 23 Aluminum. Merc says to run a 23 on the 90 (or 22). I can get up to about 51 mph gps speed.

How many RPM's are you turnin'? And is hole shot good or lagging? I don't think you get ANY more speed...that's about the fastest I've heard with a 90...that's cookin'!

TEE

Hole shot is what I'd call a little laggy, especially if the livewell is full and a full tank of fuel w/ 2 people on board. Can't decide whether I want to just get a larger boat anyway or step up to the 125 for my boat and put a 55 lb thrust MinnKota Maxxim trolling motor on it. I do like the boat and it's practically brand new. Top end is ok, though I'd like a little more speed out of it...I guess that would just take a few more horses. I turn about 5600 to 5700 rpm if memory serves me correctly.

Sounds like you are propped right. Full gear, livewells full, and full tank of gas should mean to most boaters poor hole shot. You are getting excellent speed. Look at other factors such as lift, is your boat getting out of the water at WOT. Might be able to add a little more cup to generate lift and holding power; Less boat in the water, higher speeds and RPMS. Engine Height could be something that would generate more speed. You are at the top of the RPM Band, and hole shot will get worse with a higher pitched set of blades. Sounds like you have reached the upper end of you speed capacity.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Back