Potomac

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Ahhhh....another lovely day on the Potomac!! I have been slapped by the river many, many times but there is always a time when she submits and gives you a memorable day. Yesterday was one of those days!! Carlos and I decided to give the river a day since both he and I are heading out of town and won't be back for a while (me longer than him). I am no fan of the river as many know. Yes, it is a great fishery but I "prefer" lake fishing. The river makes the puzzle of fishing more complicated including tides, stained water and floating houses after rain:eek:. So, it was with guarded optimism I met CIII at 0500 (I had to roll out of the sack at 0300:angry::lol: ). Fought a launching tournament who decided to do all of their safety and livewell checks on the ramp and got on the water at 0530. Beautiful morning, cool temps and the water was not as stained as

I thought it would be after all of the rain we have had. Kind of a change motoring out in shorts after living in our gortex and 100mph suits in Michigan!! Pulled up to the first grassbed after a short run and I pulled out Kermit (SPRO frog) and commenced to whack em'. For those that have never fished a frog in the grass it is probably some of the most fun you can have!! Especially when they are EATING it!! I only missed a couple of fish and those that I caught were inhaling the frog...solid hookups. Carlos was doing the same on a swimbait. We had 3 hours of pure fishing fun!! Moved a couple of times and caught fish everywhere we went and on just about everything I threw!! So we are getting near the end of the day and we pull up on the wrecks in Arkendale (only spot I'll give up:lol: ) because we were going to yank some 10lb plus cats (per CIII). I didn't want to re-rig so I whip out the trusty weightless Senko and commence to yank out about about a 15lb limit...but who's counting:lol::lol:. All this despite Carlos trying to kill me with a flying rattletrap!! End of the day our best 5 as a team would have gone 23lbs. I personally caught in the neighborhood of 40+ fish and came home totally "fished out". What a great feeling that is. Thanks CIII for a great day and a little renewed optisim in the Potomac!!:lol:

TOXIC

My arm still hurts from them 40lb cats in that river.:blink:

toxic,

how about giving up a spot or 2 more, to someone who is fishing a his and her tourny with there wife this weekend, and its her first time out this year?

mike c

Yeah - I got a TX this coming Saturday so give it up Hammer! No CATS, though! LOL

thanks toxic,

mike c

you know how the wife can be if its just a boat ride.:angry:

Back