New PB Largemouth

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewhatfire

Reaction score
Yesterday after spending all day Monday pulling new wiring for a new trolling motor (Garmin Force), I figured it was time to go try out the Spot lock feature. I can now say the best money I have ever spent was on a trolling motor on my Basstracker. High winds and I was able to sit still for several hours. I managed catching 19 bass with a new Personal Best of 9.01 lbs.

Unfortunately between pulling the fish from deep water and the length of fight on a Medium light Fast spinning rod with a 10 lb leader and handing while in the boat the fish did not survive. I will honor the fish by having it mounted so I can relive that fight each time I look at it. The fish was caught in Central Alabama in Bibb County.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5127.png
    thumbnail_IMG_5127.png
    499.8 KB · Views: 43
  • thumbnail_IMG_5124.png
    thumbnail_IMG_5124.png
    603.3 KB · Views: 54
  • thumbnail_IMG_5115.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5115.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 53
Nice fish sad that he didn’t make it.
My PB was #10.6 out of Inks lake in Central, TX that hit my lure 3 feet from the boat. Shortest fight ever. Fish was released back into the lake, shorts and underwear had to be thrown away though.

Good catch. Thanks for sharing.

Yesterday after spending all day Monday pulling new wiring for a new trolling motor (Garmin Force), I figured it was time to go try out the Spot lock feature. I can now say the best money I have ever spent was on a trolling motor on my Basstracker. High winds and I was able to sit still for several hours. I managed catching 19 bass with a new Personal Best of 9.01 lbs.

Unfortunately between pulling the fish from deep water and the length of fight on a Medium light Fast spinning rod with a 10 lb leader and handing while in the boat the fish did not survive. I will honor the fish by having it mounted so I can relive that fight each time I look at it. The fish was caught in Central Alabama in Bibb County.
Beautiful fish! Congrats!

Nice fish! Thanks for the Info on the trolling motor. I have been debating that or new electronics.

Thanks all. My buddy and I went back and fished same lake again a few days later and he caugjt a PB 8.2 lb. So Feb has been good to us so far.

Nice fish! I caught my PB last Wednesday. She was a pre spawn full of eggs, on a black and purple Chatterbait tippped with a clear 5" ribbed paddle tail. 14lb Stren clear blue spooled on a Revo SX & a BPS Graphite 7' Med/Hvy rod,
0209221440_HDR.jpg

Congrats. Nice fish and photo. Who's taking the shot?😍

My Brother......He comes down from Wisconsin every winter for a week or so to fish. This year was the best year ever, in 5 days of fishing we put 40 fish in the boat(Released All), missed a ton. We fished my home waters(Winter Haven Chain of Lakes), the fish are ready to go on the beds. Water temps were 61-63 depending on the lake. Fished 5-6 ft of water casting towards shore and out deeper. This fish came out of 6ft once hooked she took off for deeper water.

My Brother......He comes down from Wisconsin every winter for a week or so to fish. This year was the best year ever, in 5 days of fishing we put 40 fish in the boat(Released All), missed a ton.
But a ton-worth of fun, with bro. That sounds special. Thanks for sharing.

Sure...In The June/July time frame we are going to fish Green Bay/Sturgeon Bay WI for a week or so. I'm going to pull my boat up there (1500 Miles One Way). The PGV 16 is more than capable to fish those waters(Within Reason). I'm 70 and he is 72, so we take advantage of every chance we get.

That's great. I can feel the excitement and fun. Are you doing it every year?

Latest posts

Back