Picked up my new ride on Friday!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, I drove over to Atlanta on Friday, to pick up my new ride (1995 Stratos 278 w/150hp Evinrude). Thanks TrepMan!!!

This boat is incredibly clean, and appears to be in good working order. Trep had already done a 'wet test' for me, and putting it on the water there would have put me right in the middle of Friday evening/holiday Atlanta traffic.

I spent most of the balance of the weekend doing minor cleanup, charging batteries, getting familar with the layout and rig, etc. Since we got another 2-3" of water on Friday, I really didn't want to fight the crowds at the lake nor the stuff floating in it either. First trip to the lake will likely be Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon to do the check run.

Great news is that Momma really likes the boat. She loves the larger rear deck to fish from, ease of getting in/out, and the quality/price that I paid. Now, if someone would just buy the Targa (two boats in the driveway is a little much for her).

Thanks again to TrepMan for all the hard work and checkout that he did on the boat. The 'seller' said he had never seen anyone check out a boat like TrepMan did. Said that he even jumped up and down on the deck!

I'll post some pic's later this week.

Tex

Good luck on your Stratos there Tex...somebody will be gettin' a good boat with that Targa.

Fish On!

<"))))<<

TEE

Hey Dan and Tex - Atleast MINE is still a TRACKER!!! HA!!

Trep - not going to even consider getting on that 'bashing Tin' wagon. Still like my Targa, just wanted something that better suited my current fishing pursuits!

Did you get that carpet in yet?

Tex

JP - I agree, depending of course on what size and engine.

Mine is a 1995 Stratos 278 (18') dual console with a 12/24v Trolling motor, 2 eagle fishfinders, flipping deck and 150hp Evinrude. Boat is very clean. Engine is unbelieveably clean. I paid $7,900.00 for it.

Tex

Tex - Fired Home Depot on friday and went with a local vendor/contractor, there measuring Tues morning and tell me the carpet Beka wants is in stock and could be installed in less then 2 weeks! Hopefuly the'll keep there work unlike Home Depot.

Glad you got back home safely. Let us all know how she runs, I KNOW I did enjoy hopping that thing on plane and running to 60mph!!!

ENJOY!!! Looking forward to fishing out of it with you!

Trep - want to meet me at Hartwell one Saturday (or Sunday) soon? I need to pre-fish Hartwell before the 10th of May when the Federation tourney is there. The landing (Portman Shoals) is just off I85. Let me know.

By the way, I bought and brought home 12 (1/2 gallons) of various Blue Bell flavors on the way home. Had some of that natural vanilla bean blue bell w/strawberries on it Saturday evening. Ummmm, ummmmm good!

Hoping to get to the lake Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon - at the latest. Ordered a 'Hot Foot slide mount' for the existing Hot Foot. Yes, it's too close as it stands right now. Decided that if I need to remount it, might as well get the slide plate that allows it to be adjusted.

Have almost all of the mildew off of the seats/cushions now. It wasn't too bad, but wanted to get them cleaned up. 1 cup bleach to 1 gal of water did the trick. Wiped it on, then let it sit for 15 minutes. Repeat as necessary. Time is your ally when you are doing that. Momma said don't scrub it, just use the sponge and keep reapplying as necessary.

Tex

Great on the mildew, that was my only visual concern, I didn't know you could remove those stains, I just figured they were permenant.

Gonna be tough to leave town in the next few weeks. In 2 weeks Beka's heading to Baltimore for Sat - Tues to help with her sister's new baby. So this weekend is house work and things I need to get done before she goes (Can't use a chainsaw with no one watching the boys).

Trep

Congrats on the new rig Tex! I think you will enjoy the glass boat for your tourneys.

jd

TT 'n Trep -

I have it on good authority that the carp are biting at Hartwell!

Tex,

Congrats on the "new to you" boat. I think it is cool that another member of this website was able to check it out for you. Your a good man Trep. That's what makes this website so awesome. I feel that I can call someone in another state and to look at a boat or get hooked up for a fishing trip.

Bob G.

Your right Bob, i've had the pleasure of fishing with Rich, Scott, and Dan J. just from this board. Not to mention the help at BPS that Dan has provided, the Scales & Tales stuff Mac has signed for me, Beka and the Kids!!

Now, if TT was a REAL friend he'd have let ME pick up that boat and REALLY Test it over a weekend before he came down !!! LOL

AH Tex, I just figured it would be a nice "present" for checking out and test driving your boat!! LOL

Latest posts

Back