Pedestal seats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Mullin

Reaction score
Just bought a 200 Nitro NX882Dc, trying to remove the pedestal seats, rear one comes out very hard, but comes out. Front seat is a hydraulic cylinder seat, are they screwed in or do they just pull out. If they pull out, any hints on how to do it without damaging the deck or seats?

I have a 1997 800 LX they all pull out. You might try a little WD40

They played around with screw in pedestals once so Id try the wd40 but with a little twist action just in case. This is assuming you dont have the push button release pedestals which of course has a button near the bottom to push to release the pedestal :)

Monkey wrench...... then if possible have them "turned down" on a lathe. Mine have always been a pain in the neck to remove.

Didn't we just have this post? Kroll or WD 40 then monkey wrench with a piece of old belt wrapped around the pole to keep the teeth of the wrench from digging in. I took a wooden dowel and sandpaper to my pole socket, then wire wheel brushed the pin didn't have a lathe handy.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back