1684 Tracker, safety railings

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 55282

Reaction score
Thanks for admitting me. Recently bought a used (2020) 1684 Grizzly Tracker with a 40 hp Mercury jet. Haven’t tested it yet but have some questions.
The Smithfield pedestal mount with bicycle seat is frozen. Cannot raise or lower it. I took the floor plate out but I’m not sure what to do next. I probably want to replace the pedestal but I’m not sure how to get it out of the floor plate.
I am 78 yo and my wife is concerned about me going overboard. I met with an aluminum fabricator but was not impressed with his plans for boat railings. I want something that I can remove when placing a Banded Duck blind on the boat during duck season.I was thinking about using the Versatrac system to mount pipe bases so that I could temporarily place three or four three foot railing sections on the boat for fishing and overboard protection. Any suggestions? pete

send the website a pic when you finish . am 88 and have some balance problems. hope you fall in water its softer than the bottom of the boat . ask me how i know.

Latest posts

Back