out of loop on new ordered boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob pattison

Reaction score
So if any one could help me out on this,ordered new Z6 from the local dealer have to keep calling for info never get calls to say when comming or just reassurance damn spending 22,000 you would think a little more tlc or not. always have to call and always seem to be a bother

can anyone explaine there experiance did they update you paper work to close loan etc thank you .there is a lot more to this wonderful story but stay posted lol :wacko:

If you ordered it from a Bass Pro Shop, They usually dont contact you or have any communication until your boat has arrived. My story is: I went in a did the paper work for the loan on a Saturday and the following Monday afternoon I recieved a call from Tracker Marine with the details of the final loan statment. I had to call BPS (because they didn't call me) on Tuesday and they said the boat had been ordered and would call me when it came in. I called several times while waiting on my new rig to arrive (because they kept backing up my delivery date) and they kinda made me feel like I was bothering them. I DIDN'T GIVE A DARN IF I WAS BOTHERING THEM OR NOT!! Once I my rig arrived they called me and told me it was in town and in 2 days I could take delivery, (they had to rig it with my upgrades). Since I took delivery, they costumer service is top notch!! If this sounds like your story, be patient, once your new rig arrives it will be a totally different story. I feel your pain brother!!!!!

Congrats on the new boat! And granted, this was back in '02, but my experience mirrors Bow Tech's exactly.

Guys

Tracker Marine sales and Service or two different departments. "Sales" can be top notch and Service can be crappy or visa versa. The store I work at both are top drawer. As of a year ago the store General Manager is the top dog over the whole store. Tracker included and Service anwser to him in matters of customer service. Sometimes that's a place to air a gripe.

Mike Grandick

Buy used! :D You get to see exactly what your buying and for less than new!! :lol::p:lol:

All kidding aside, I've found going the lightly used route to be a pretty good way to go. Maybe I've just been lucky?

J.

Bob, The GSM of your Tracker dealer gets updates on the progress of the boat. I think they are daily. All he could tell you is when the boat is expected to ship from the factory. If there are loads in front of it there could be a delay. I like to keep my customers informed as to there boats progress. I think I would talk to your salesperson and tell them of your concerns. As the bowteck guy said just be a little patient and I'm sure it will all work out. I'm sure that some people on here won't agree with me but we pride ourselves on customer service and you will be happy.

Well Itypically boat is here they called and said I could get all info I needed they havebeen great I guess patients is needed thanks for the response and the boat is sweet post pics soon and the behind the seen that I didn't see was awsome they went well above and beyond so excited .

:D

I got my 2011 Z7 from BPS and it didn't go to good. Felt like I had to call and lead the way for them too on some things :huh: Nor was the boat ready to be taken of the Show room floor and or launched when it did over a week later.(unfinished work, not noticed or checked) No bolt on one trailer bunk (swinging after launch) Fitting for the live well intake was not on (flooded boat at launch) :angry: , 1st launch was an Epic fail. Had other issues too (cracked passenger consol) Many many hours of driving to and from BPS but got a gift card for my troubles and all things got fixed :). So I needed some service for sure and they took care of all of it. Other then that I LOVE this boat and the XS motor and have been sticking some real nice fish and limits on her. STOKED!

What I'm trying to say is IF you have any other problems those two will soon go away and you too will be out on the water lovin some fishin time.:D

It CANT go smooth for the dealer all the time so some of us get the bad luck of the draw, but when they take care of you it IS all they can do, they did just fine. I'm still VERY happy with my boat.

BPS comes through again!!! Called them this morning because I had a few little issues that needed to be tended to, and the guy says, "bring it in". I drive up to the service dept, and the service guy who delivered my boat to me, came out and guided me while I backed it up to the work bay. Every bay was full and they looked busy. 2 guys came off other boats they were working on to tend to mine. I was just having a light changed and a wire extended for my charger to better reach my batteries. They went ahead and plugged the computer into the motor and checked everything while it was there. I'm glad they did because I found out it will only be a couple more fishing trips and it will need to go in for the 20 hr service.

I went through the same "no customer service" while trying to get things done for the promo gift card expiring 4-15. Tracker went ahead and gave me the gift card even though I took delivery after the expire date of the promo. I think one of the problems is that we are soooo excited to be getting a new boat, that we forget that things get done as they get done, we can't rush it as much as we want to. I would have like to get my boat during my vacation but had to wait until wed. of the following week. Doesn't matter anymore - love my new boat even if I'm not catching more or bigger fish ( and the wife skunked me 1st day out..)

Ignition switch quit working on my new 2011 Z6. I called a Raleigh, NC Nitro dealer because the dealer I bought the boat from (Choplin Marine in Sanford, NC) went out of business three weeks after I bought the boat. The dealer - a Boats Unlimited guy in Raleigh said "drop the boat off and we'll get to it when we can, could be a week to ten days". (30 miles away from me).

All this after I had to pull off the rub-rail all around the boat and reseal because I was taking on gallons of water after a short run down the lake.

Latest posts

Back