Custom Nitro Order Experience/questions???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Walker

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm posting with hopes to acquire some information/stories about your Nitro purchasing experiences. It has been 7 weeks since I ordered my New Z-18 and I have yet to hear any news on its condition or potential delivery date. I have called Nitro, I have E-mailed Nitro and I have done the Nitro online Chat and I get no answer. The "person" who can answer that question is currently not in the office. I have even spoken with my Dealer and he has no information for me either.

Today I did receive a reply to my online inquisition that said "Hello Chris, It appears that your boat is load ready, Thank you Marissa". Does anyone know what load ready means? If it is finished shouldn't they have contacted me with the VIN info so I an acquire insurance?

I look forward to your responses.

Chris

Hey Chris!

Load eligible means awaiting shipment. It took about a week before it showed up at the dealership for me, then they will do a receiving inspection on it which can take a few days but also depends on their workload as to how quickly it gets through that but the Service people should be able to tell you that once they have it. This is usually when the Sales\Fin person contacts you with the Hull#, Engine SN#, Trailer SN# information so you can get an insurance binder on it.

Rigging is usually a day or two depending on how much stuff you're having put on that were not put on at the factory, i.e. Mounts for Fishfinders, Transducers, the items themselves, Hydrowave, etc., you get the idea. But again, the dealership people can give you a good idea about the how & when once they have it. Remember you should get 20 day plates on the trailer too so even if you don't register before pickup you can drive it home and register everything that day if necessary.

If you got more questions just ask. I just went through the process this month and I am picking mine up this afternoon. Been a long time for me since I ordered it late December but again, once it is load eligible it is usually just waiting on a truck to carry her to its final destination :)

Took me a week to get it out onto the water for the 1st time due to snow and cold weather conditions. Everything yesterday went very well as the setup for the Ultrex and remote was easy, and the hole shot was about 3.5 seconds so no concerns there. I knew the 150 Four stroke was going to be quiet, and it was, but who knew the ultrex was going to be that-quiet! Feel like I could almost sneak up on them slippery buggers in the skinny water lol

Well she has been at the dealer for a little over a week now. We are waiting on the power poles which are back ordered. It's a shame because the power poles are made in Tampa about an hour away from where I live. Not sure when I will be able to pick her up but I sure am itching!!!

Hope all is well.

Took me a week to get it out onto the water for the 1st time due to snow and cold weather conditions. Everything yesterday went very well as the setup for the Ultrex and remote was easy, and the hole shot was about 3.5 seconds so no concerns there. I knew the 150 Four stroke was going to be quiet, and it was, but who knew the ultrex was going to be that-quiet! Feel like I could almost sneak up on them slippery buggers in the skinny water lol
When you have experienced it- tell me how well the spot lock works. I've read it can be jerky and catch you off guard with high speed changes?

Sorry for the delay Larry, been real busy of late.

I find the Spot Lock feature to be incredible. It will face you into the wind but it will keep you on the spot in some pretty stiff wind and now I can really fish a spot thoroughly. I like using the entire boat to fish so this works out great for me. I think the "jerking" some have mentioned would be more noticeable depending on what speed the trolling motor is set to at that time. Is there a short delay, yes, but again I got used to that pretty quickly too.

What I have found is that it has taken a great deal of the load off my lower back, legs and feet because I am not on the trolling motor pedal constantly. In fact, I would say my time on the pedal has been reduced by 75%. It would be more if I would use the remote more often. Personally, I never want to fish again without this option!

Wickedsmaht,

I really appreciate the feedback!
The comment about speeds brings a question? Will the motor not run at a speed above what you have set for manual operation while on spot lock? I'm sold.

BTW, my partner and I fished the Big Bass Splash event at Toledo Bend Lake this past weekend here in Louisiana/Texas. We boated a 6.4 and 6.8 pound bass. One each! since this is a payout by the hour we both got a check for 4th and 3rd place finish. One Friday and one Saturday- Had I taken mine to the scales early, it would have been a 1st place weight on Saturday morning for $1,500. The 2nd hour, I weighed in and took 3rd for $800 - great but Ouch! ha.

That's awesome, gratz on the payouts Larry!

From what I have experienced, the spot-lock adjustments are made using the speed set on the pedal at that time. Same for the always-on prop button when you're running a long contour which is nice as its just slight changes to the position or speed using the pedal as needed, but it keeps you off the pedal and more mobile on the boat.

I don't even what to remember what fishing was like without the ultrex...

Latest posts

Back