Optimax tilt issue!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Bennett

Reaction score
Hoping someone has an answer to this issue, I have a 2012 Targa V18 my problem is the motor will not tilt high enough to even get my transom saver on, when I picked up the boat from the dealer the motor would tilt so far it would contact the back deck. I mentioned it to the sales guy he told me to leave it for an hour and he would get it fixed up, came back and they had it fixed up away I went. Once I put the boat in our lake it never went onto the trailer till I pulled it out for winter storage,when I tried to put the transom saver on the motor would not tilt high enough. I have looked at it but I cannot see where you would make the adjustment. I can take back to the dealer but if it is an easy fix would rather do it myself. Motor is a 150 optimax anybody know how to fix this?

I would call the dealer and ask what they did. Strange problem. I would normally say it is a relay problem but if the dealer "fixed it" while you waited, then it could be something else. Do you get any upward movement?

Ya it moves up just not high enough, it is being stopped by a limiter switch somewhere, I just can't where it is.

Latest posts

Back