oil leak??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy Hina

Reaction score
Today my husband had his boat out and noticed oil in the water, he took the boat home and took the engine lid off and the oil resevior was empty, there is a hose coming down the side of the resevoir and it has 2 lines coming off it going to other places in the motor and 1 open end...is that an overflow that is supposed to be open or is that supposed to be attached to something?

It is a 2010 Nitro Z7...I was trying to find a diagram of the engine to see if that 3rd end which is open whould of been attached to something but I can't find one..any ideas where to find one?

How often does he check the resevoir? He doesnt want to overlook other things which will cause oil in water like a lower unit leak. Can tell you from a bad experience about that.

Without knowing the engine size and model the best we can do is guess. I'd rather be a bit more definitive to help you out.

It's similar to having an engine oil leak in a car and when asked what type, telling the mechanic it's a red Ford. :blink: It leaves a whole lot of guessing. Can you tell us the horsepower or read off the "engine lid" whatever numbers and letters you see? It'll help you get a better answer and narrow down a solution. ;)

Latest posts

Back