NO MORE TV-18 TRANSOM WOES

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
I would like to proudly announce that my journey with my 2000 TV-18 has come to an end.

In the next week or two, I will be going into BPS Auburn Hills to finalize the paperwork on its replacement; a BRAND NEW 2002 TV-18 and 2002 trailer. Attached to this fine new rig will be my 2000 150XR6.

I need not explain what I have gone through for those of you who have followed along in my little adventure. For those of you not familiar go back and search "TV18 transom woes."

It has taken a concerted effort from numerous individuals to get me to this happy ending. It has also taken an ability of all those involved in this (including myself)to give a little and be willing to make some sacrifices of their own to reach a solution where everyone benefits.

First and foremost, I need to thank Ken Neeley for the untiring effort he put into this whole thing. He worked hard to get all the parties involved to this point, without him this would have never got done and I would have been fishing out of my old boat. We did'nt always see eye to eye on certain issues, but he was always a man of his word and did what was right for everyone involved.

Secondly, I need to thank Tracker Marine, they stepped up to the plate and gave in a little. I did'nt and still don't agree with some of their methods but I respect the people as individuals and realize they have a job and certain rules to abide by. Thank - you Justin Maples.

I need to thank BPS Auburn Hills (Kens Boss), you know what for, I appreciate it.

And finally, I need to say thanks to all you folks, who listened, provided advice and gave support to a fellow fishermen. Without your voices, posts and e-mails to me and to Tracker Marine, this may have never happened. To all of those who took up my crusade, be proud of yourselves, you/we made a difference and were able to get something very important to me and to all of us as consumers and Tracker/Nitro owners done. (Thanks Greg Meyer, you know what you did, and it helped a great deal).

Oh, and in case any of you thought differently. Bass Pro Shops, Auburn Hills and the Service Center and Staff is THE VERY BEST...!! the rest are playing catch up..!!

Thanks

Smitty

Smitty,

I am very happy that this has come to an end to the satisfaction of everyone involved. And, if anything that I did helped, I am happy to have ben there for you. The greatest part of this board is made of its parts... the members. We're almost as close as our founding father's because I think we do "hang together"... And, your comments about the folks at Auburn Hills are well deserved... The people from there, make this a better place. Ken and Co., Coronas all around!!!

That is great news Smitty. I knew that Ken would work his arse off to take care of you and do what was right. Coronas and Slim Jims!! Good job Ken and Tracker!

jd

Ken is da man.....I know that and I am proud to have him as a friend.

Good to hear everything is working out Smitty...

Mini

Congratulations Smitty, I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Marke

Great news Smitty, and my hat's off to all those who stepped up for ya, what a great bunch of people on here, egmike

Well that's a good thing to hear...I have yet to find someone that wasn't totally satisfied in the end and THAT'S what's it's all about! It took me a little while also but, with the right contacts and good poeple like Ken on this board...no problems.

TEE

SMITTY,

Great News!!! I am very happy for you that TRACKER did do the right thing and now you can go on the water and enjoy yourself and not worry about the boat self-destructing. A lot of "attaboys" has to also go out to the members on this web site. Again Enjoy!!

Latest posts

Back