Nitro model opinions???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Jackson

Reaction score
I am considering upgrading from my Tracker to a Nitro. Here is my issue -- my garage will only handle 22'11" which limits me a bit. I could fit a 911, 901, or 882. The 911 is a bit more than I want to spend (but really nice!!), so I am considering an 882 with a 175 Opti or a 901 with a 200 Opti. I mostly fish bigger water. What are your thoughts?? How would you compare the two???

Thanks!!!

JJ...

NOOOOoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't do it Batman!

Don't go to the dark side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get an Avalanche with a 175 Opti!!!!

Avalanche...AVALANCHE! Stay with the good guys....comeon.

TEE

just upgraded to an 882 from a pro team 185 (that is still for sale). love the new boat! caught my first fish on it yesterday. kindof slow day though. only 4 fish. i have the merc. 150 xr6j. slow starting, but runs great once you get it running.

bryan

I agree with the Avalanche with a 175 Opti!!

But, if you're set on DOWNGRADING to 'glass then my pick would be for 898 DC with a 200hp (EFI or if you have the bucks and will make the $$ back in Gas savings on LONG runs most of the time get the Opti!!).

i would look to get the biggest boat i could if fishing big waters so from your list, i would choose the 901 with the 200. i think both would be fast enough on the water as you are looking at the right size of motor for each of these. guess it depends on which you like better and how much money you want to spend.

jd

Tooo fancy man...tooooo fancy! Sure is a pertyun' tho...

TEE

What happened to this thread, there were some other responses that seem to have vanished??????

Wolf

Never mind..... I am looking at the wrong thread

Its been a long day and I missed the lake fork departure for the third time today.... Stress......I will get there one day!

OK,

Why no mention of the 896? They do good on big water also, right? Or are we only talking really big boats?

The 896/898 are both too long for my garage. so are the avalanche models. I am limited to 22'11" if I want to store it inside at home, which I have always done. The 896/898/929/Avalanche are all over 23 feet on the trailer with the transom saver removed. they just won't fit. That leaves the 882/901/911.

Are you factoring in the swing away tongue on the trailer? That should be good for 1 1/2 to 2 feet right? I see on the Nitro website that the 898 package length is 23'6" without the transom saver so you may make it if you swing away that tongue. I know because I need to do use the swing away tongue with my 882 in my garage.

Just a thought.

-Gregg

Latest posts

Back