Nitro 185 Sport Owners

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sisco Sisk

Reaction score
After looking at the new Nitro Website, it looks as though the 185 SF has finally been discontinued. Although I don't own one now, I always thought that this boat was hands down the best fish n ski ever designed. For a combo boat it had a great front deck, 12/24 volt system, sleek look, great handling and a little rod storage to boot. In my opinoin, nothing before, during or after has come close in comparison. Hold on to those 185's friends, once my kids get a little older and want to play on the lake with dad, I'll be in the market for another.

SISKO

I'm not very familiar with the 185 Sport but I do own a 188 Sport. I was at my local Nitro dealer and saw the 189 Sport. My first impressions are that the 189 is not as nice as the 188. The 189 had no rod lockers, the floor hatch was not flush with the floor, the floor hatch appeared smaller, ...

The new 189 is kind of a hybrid between the 185/188. There is a rod box - it's just in a new spot. It runs laterally across the boat just behind the rear seats. The new extended swim platform is really nice as well as the 19'5" length.

MAHARCAR,

That response sounded official. Are you working on the inside? The picuters on the new site show a ski in that compartmet so I wasn't sure if it would hold a rod.

Latest posts

Back