Livewell Pump Replacement On 2001 Nitro 185 Sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyv

Reaction score
I got a 2001 Nitro 185 Sport fish and ski about a year ago and the livewell pumps don't work. I looked in the hatches and I am not sure where the pumps are. they look like they may be all the way down by the bottom of the hull. If that's the case, I'm not quite sure how I am supposed to access them to replace them. Has anyone else replaced the livewell pumps on this model?

Do they buzz at all when power is on? Have to rule out its not a problem with the wiring. Where in TX are you? You'll want to take a voltmeter and with the switch on - see if there is voltage at the switch output, and at the pump. If nothing at the switch, then you need to fix it there first.

and just because the switch lights up - doesn't mean 12v power is going down the wire to the pump

my boat I have to remove the batteries to get access to the cover plate that covers the bilge area. There are screws that hold the cover plate, once I remove those I lift the plate and there you will find the pumps. This might lead you in finding access to your pumps.

Do they buzz at all when power is on? .
They don't buzz when I turn them on. The light on the switch comes on, but no sound from the motors. I will check the power on them this weekend. I am on Lake Bob Sandlin in Mt Vernon, TX.

I checked the wire coming off the live well pump, and it does have power. I guess I need to get a screwdriver and socket extension and get to work.

Just a reminder, disconnect the batteries, a spark could cause a big knot on the head and if there is gas vapors possible big bang.

Latest posts

Back