Nice size Carp caught on a tube jig

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Castineira

Reaction score
This weekend while fishing the lower Schuylkill River near Glydwyn, PA I pulled a nice size carp out. It was the wierdest thing ever, caught it in 12 foot deep water bouncing a tub jig with a rattle on the bottom. When it hit I set it and thought I was hung up on some branches, as it happens quite often, and then I seen my line take off up river and great fight started. I hooked him on my Triumph 6 1/2 fast action rod with 8ld fire line at 10:30 in the morning when the water surface temp was 77. I thought it was odd and wanted to share. It measured 38 inches and wieghed a ton, I dont catch fish of that size ever but I estimated it over 40 lbs(please correct me if I am wrong), the girth on this thing was unreal. Picks are in my folder for all to see. Thanks

CHRIS CAS

That looks like a lot of fun. I catch a lot of drum smallmouth fishing and they are a blast, but nowhere near that size.

Yea, the fight was unreal every time it saw the boat it took about 40 yards of line, Took about 8 mintues to bring up. I'm hoping it happens more often, I drop in the about twice a week. Thanks for the comments guys.

CHRIS CAS

Nice fish!! Carp can be some great fighters. I recall the 17-year cicada emergence a few years back. Buddy of mine and I went to one of the local reservoirs and had a blast catching carp on any surface lure that looked remotely like a cicada! Hope you catch more!

In a time long ago I used to go to Lake JB Thomas and fish for carp on a 7' fly rod. Lots of fun. Thanks for bringing back the memory.

Nice fish Chris. They make for a fun time on the hot summer days.I go to the Delaware river between you and I and do well with them, but that one you got is a big'un!

Ahhhh yes, the old golden trout, great lakes bonefish ect...Sight fishing for the brutes (kinda like bonefishing) is getting very popular along some parts of the Lake Michigan shoreline. Back in my college days, we held the "Carpmaster Classic" at a local park in S/E Michigan (Kent Lake for my fellow homies). A bunch of my friends and I would get ALOT of beer, some lawn chairs, BBQ burgers and dogs and fish for carp from shore all day..we used to catch them using wads of crawlers on a hook. When someone would hook up, we would tangle up everyone elses rigs running up and down the shoreline fighting the pig..nobody else would reel in their lines, we were cutthroat..!! We caught alot of fish and gave them away to some of the "locals" fishing nearby, who actually fished for and ate the things..GROSS...!!!

Smitty, they still fish for them there, they have a big torny for them at the park off turtlehead island :wacko: I once had one smoked & it was good tasting :wacko: but what do I know I sometimes fish for Walleye ;)

Last time I went carp fishing I used a Marlin .44 magnum and sat on a county bridge over the Platt River in Western Nebraska. We caught a bunch in the ten pound range. Looked like cartons of cottage cheese blowing up.:rolleyes:

fatrap

My receptionist's husband takes his air boat out at night and shoots them with a bow and arrow. His largest is over 65lbs! Mounted then damn thing and it is hanging on their living room wall! UGH! :huh:

Randy!

fishing on the north branch of the susquehanna river this spring. i caught a 34 inch 20lb carp on a tube. man that was alot of fun

I'd like some of those arrows that Rambo shoots the bad guys with that blow up. Hitting a carp with one of those. How cool would that be, but with my luck I'd get blown up.

fatrap:lol:

Latest posts

Back