First bassus of da year!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been around to partake in all the festivities for the last 10 days but I was on a much needed vaca. Actually it wasn't much of a vaca at all since I worked on the boat, truck, and then re-roofed my home! But of course I did manage to sneak in a few days of fishing. The old girl fired right up nice and ran flawlessly. Last Tuesday as the temps tipped 80 DEGREES that's right boys and girls 80, I ran up for a lil fishin see. Got my first largie on of course nothing but a jig n pig. Nice little 2 lber, but he was da mostest beeeeauteeefull durn fishie I ever dun seen! LOL Then I came out to the river here in town and missed a nice smallie but then boated a 3 lber! Water was in the high 30's! Brrrrrr! Yup then temps went BACK to the 40's! Just in time for me to freeze my arse off up on dat stoopid roof! Anyway, went out again yesterday for a few hours after church and banged out 3 nice smallies, one that was over 4 lbs. Bite was REAL slow and the fish were lethargic. Caught them all on my famous Zoom grub with Bang Garlic. Did hook into and lost something.....BIG. Don't think it was a bass though, if it was it was huge. Maybe a walleye or carp, whatever it was I never saw it and it was big and didn't even know I was attached at the other end of that line. But alas, I didn't stick 'em good 'nuff and he got off. Well, the fever has subsided and I'm ready to rumble for the year. Boat has had a lot of "tirekickers" lookin at her but no takers. Good to be back, hope y'all had a good Easter.

Long time no talk to Rob....Welcome back!

NOW SHUT UP AND FISH!!!!

TEE

Who is this Rob dude???? That's right ,he was around before the board got really normal ! lol Welcome back . I can't stand normal.

Good stuff Rob....I'm due for some bassus. I should plan to show up soon.

Pierre

Just say the word man. You're welcome any time. Try to shoot for the 1st Saturday in May, that way walleyes are open and should some of those pesky bass keep hitting out line.....well what can you do? We're just really stupid walleye anglers that use jigs and jerkbaits! Actually I usually catch smallies and eyes in the same place on the same jerkbait. If I'm not guiding, you're welcome to come down. Hopefully, I have a new rig by then.

Rob,

If I knew you were out catching I would have given you a call, unfortunately I heading back tonight. Hope to be back in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, give me a shout. The bite was slooooow! But hey, they were BITES nonetheless my friend! LOL What better way to introduce spring? LOL Now, back to our regularly scheduled crappy weather! LOL 40's the rest of the week and snow flurries! This $@#$@#%@#@%%$^$%^#$&#%!!$#^&*&^*(^@%!#%$^$%&#%^&!!!! LOL Yeah, maybe we can do a lil spring get together to kick off the '03 season. Pierre can come down, Doug can come up, Bob and Buzz can come over, and we can all go fishin! LOL

Latest posts

Back