New Truck

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mebassn

Reaction score
Well, after the huge discussion i started a few weeks ago (don't bring it up again LOL) I finally bought a truck. I got a Black 2007 Silverado Z-71 Crew Cab with the 5.3.... WOW what a difference between my old 2004 and the new one. The ride is amazing and the seats seem more to be more comfortable (as someone already stated). I towed my boat home from my parents and the truck performed well above my expectations, gas mileage with the boat was 13.5 as per the onboard computer, so not too bad, but what do you expect when your towing 3500 lbs.

Eric

Awesome...congrat's!!! You're gonna love that 5.3.....thanks for the support!!;)

Congratulations on the new truck. Nothing better than the smell of new upholstery in the morning. Sounds just like my new truck... except I have a 2wd extended cab. I get around 16.6 mpg running around town and over 21mpg on long highway runs. My one trip with the boat I got 13.8. I'm amazed... all those numbers are about the same that I was getting with my 6 cylinder 4.0 Jeep GC. Actually, it only got around 12 when towing.

Unfortunately, I've already had mine in the shop. I was having trouble with the brakes which turned out to need a new brake booster. Only problem there wasn't a booster anywhere in the Okla City area and they had to overnight one from Ft. Worth. I was stuck in a PT Cruiser rental for 3 days.:angry: I couldn't believe that in all the 12 or 15 Chevy/GMC dealers in the OKC area there wasn't one brake booster. I probably got the truck that Mac built. :lol:

I don't build'em Sooner.....I just draw them!:rolleyes: Needing a new brake booster on a new truck is a RARE problem......they hardly ever need replacing, so dealership's don't stock low-turnover parts...easier and cheaper to order them from a SPO warehouse and we don't have one in OKC...closest one is Dal/FtWrth! OR,..I'm sure there's some sorta TSB "cover-up" going on..TEE will let us know soon!! LMAO!! :rolleyes: (Just bustin' yer orbs TEE!!)

I just turned 27,000 miles on my truck this a.m. and it's never been back to the dealer yet, for anything.....love it...can't wait to get another one this fall!!:wub:

Way too much information TEE....

Carry on!

Baby cub go nighty sleepy....

I really like the 5.3 in the "wife's" suburban that I just happen to use for towin the boat. It is like nothin is even back there!!

Mini, You made me laugh out loud dude!

Baby cub go sleepy dreamy....

Just ask Zona. He is a Mini wanna be :)

Sounds like me talking to my dog.....

He's Mylilbigearedratdog:D

Latest posts

Back