Nitro Nate, My "new" 2004 288 Sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate Read

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am the proud new owner of a 2004 Nitro 288 Sport with a 200HP Optimax. I just drove down to Sacramento over the weekend (from Seattle) to pick up this boat. She is amazing. Took her out on the lake on Father's Day with my family and we loved it. Handles great, exceptionally comfortable and well equipped. This boat has been well cared for, but I will be looking to add some goodies of my own of course. This is my first Nitro and I am really looking forward to getting to know her! One of the first priorities will be to replace or re-upholster the seats. Can you still get these from Tracker? I would love to give her some brand spanking new Nitro Seats. Cheers everyone and be safe out there.
2004 Nitro Pic California Border 2018.JPG

Welcome! Its a small world, my brother lives outside of Seattle and Mom lives outside of Sacramento. I just got a Nitro last week. Looks like a nice boat. My first Nitro as well. I have had alot of boats but none that looked this good. Enjoy your new boat.

Attachments

• 20180611_194105.jpg
    20180611_194105.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20180611_194116.jpg
    20180611_194116.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 88
Welcome! Its a small world, my brother lives outside of Seattle and Mom lives outside of Sacramento. I just got a Nitro last week. Looks like a nice boat. My first Nitro as well. I have had alot of boats but none that looked this good. Enjoy your new boat.
Nice boat Mike. Thanks for the welcome. Take care.

Welcome! Do you still have a need for the seats? Here's my "baby", she's a project, now for sale. You'll probably never see another like her, I re-powered with the 225 Ficht, hydraulic steering and jack plate. 2003 288 Sport. Originally equipped with 200 Merc. I think. Goes like a bat out of Hell, quite a hole shot, planes in about 3 seconds. I replaced all of the seats recently with aftermarket seats and saved the old ones if anyone needs the original frames for re-upholsteringNitro 288 port strern trailer view.jpg .

I just bought one as well but am confused as to how to use live well. There is a screw in plug. When should this be out? Also there are two LED light arrays near the plug but there seems to be no switch that operates them>

Latest posts

Back