Should I get the 4, 6, or 8 cylinder in my truck?

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a 3.6 gmc canyon or chevy colorado will pull your boat just fine. my 2019 can get 27 mpg on a good day on hy not towing. and you can get 2 wheel dr or 4 . havent done much hy driving with the new 2022 . wish i was closer , hankering to fish but its 18 deg here this morn.

Wow! 13 years!

I hope the original poster wasn't waiting to learn about your 2019 or 2022 experiences, when they posted back in 2010.

Sorry! I know you meant well.

Speaking of which, the threads should close after a few months/year. You can still see them but not post. I goto post on some and see its many years old. Lol

Bill,

A kayak? Heeeeeeeeeeecccccccckkkkkk NO! :lol::lol::lol: There is no way, no how, no where that I would get into that temperature water to fish out of a kayak. With my luck, I'd get to practice barrel rolls within the first hour of fishing. :eek: :lol: One of those "sit on" types would be even worse for me. I'd give myself about 5 seconds before I rolled off the side of one of those. Ha! Our temps got up past freezing later today. I think I saw 48 on the way to Bass Pro Shops this afternoon, but not much higher than that. It's supposed to be back in the teens tonight, and then it should warm up later this weekend / next week.

Randy,

You're always welcome to make a trip down to TX and come fish with me. :) I've been trying to get someone to go fishing and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. "ITS TOO COLD!!!" is all I hear from them. I can't wait any longer though. I have to get my boat on the water, with or without a fishing partner. My first tournament is Valentines day weekend. We have two tournaments - one on the 13th, and another on the 14th - both are ABA's. We are fishing Falcon. I hear that this weekends tournament (I have to look it up, because I don't know what series is fishing there) was BAD. I hear they lost 3 boats and that some people got caught on the Mexico side and will have to spend the night over there because they can't make it back across. That's all second hand info though. I caught the tail end of a conversation at the marine counter when I went in to update the Lowrance units this afternoon. I'll have to check further into that. Hope nobody got hurt.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn,
I am with you, if I have a paddle in my hand I must be broke down :) And I am going fishing tomorrow going to be a little chilly, only going up to 59 in the morning and 80 latter, sorry guys :) :)

Wow! 13 years!

I hope the original poster wasn't waiting to learn about your 2019 or 2022 experiences, when they posted back in 2010.

Wow! 13 years!

I usually check dates must have missed that one.

a 3.6 gmc canyon or chevy colorado will pull your boat just fine. my 2019 can get 27 mpg on a good day on hy not towing. and you can get 2 wheel dr or 4 . havent done much hy driving with the new 2022 . wish i was closer , hankering to fish but its 18 deg here this morn.
You can always have to much torque and h.p. said no one! V8 everytime!

get a chevy colorado or a gmc canyon . with 3.6 liter v6. 300 +hp. 4 wheel drive auto locking dif , no worries on the ramp, push button tow power. will go as fast as you have the guts to drive it.

V8 because for more power. You never know when you're going to need it. In particular a 5.3L V8 Silverado got it all power and great gas mileage.

If you can find a 1500 with the newer 3.0 diesel would be my choice. I currently have the 5.3 v8. A friend bought a big Yukon with the 3.0 and it pulls like a beast and better mileage

Does anyone actually read the previous threads before responding?🤔

The post is over 13 years old and it's likely the OP no longer needs the information or waited that long to get everyone's opinion.

Perhaps the moderator could lock this thread or in another few years it will morph into what electric powertrain to use. :D

Latest posts

Back