new TIN member

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Kohler

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a long time lurker - first time poster. I have been lurking around this site for a few months deciding whether or not I wanted to join in on the discussions or not. I was a little hesitant at first due to the bashing on some of the "other boards" but after a few weeks of lurking I feel that this is a pretty good bunch.

Now a little about me. I own a 2002 Tracker Pro Team 185 Special Edition with a Mercury 90/65 jet that I mainly use on the shallow and rocky Susquehanna River here in Central PA. (This river eats "glass boats" and doesn't even flinch. Those with glass boats need not apply, you will only get your feelings and your boat hurt.) I have 2 Dodge Rams (a '98 and a '02) that I use to tow my boat with. I have just recently gotten back into fishing after about a ten year hiatus and I must say I don't know why it took so long to get back out there.

I don't want to get too long winded, I just wanted everybody to know that I feel this is a great group and I hope that I am welcome here. One other board made me feel like I was being belittled on some of my posts. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy a lot of good humored joking also but some of their posts made me feel like I wasn't wanted there. They seemed to have their own little group thing going. I know that I will fit in here just fine.

By the way - TIN RULES!!!!! Trep - add 1 to the tin group!

Thanks

Since your a long time 'lurker' you know this board has got some great people as members!.....Welcome!!!.....Love those Suskie smallies!!!..Mike L.

Hi Tinman,

Have you fished the area above the Conowingo dam. I use to love that area when I was in Aberdeen.

Welcome... I'm a "tin" guy also... I own the "other" 93' Magna 19 that is here (along with Jeff White, Magna 19)...

And, you will find that bashing (a mild form of the kidding we do allow) is not permitted... Amongst ourselves we are pertty "cruel"...but "outsiders will see us rally to the defense of one of our own... Yes we will even protect the defenseless li'l glass boat boys...LOL

YO Tin Man - WHATZUP????

Ju got it man!! How fast does that 185 with the 90 Jet get you going??

OK Rich Stern - When you get enough $$ from your new sponsors and you get bored - let's get the Members list viewable by - Tin/Glass and then Boat model!!! Hey and a counter too so we know how many on each side!!!! LOL

LOVE the handle Tin Man!!

Welcome home!

Glad your aboard Tin Man. Ignore the glass group because they're just lacking in ability or something else. Tin Trackers Rule.

Bear

YEA! Tin Rules

Welcome Tin Man,

I have a 2001 PT185 with 50 Hp and it's the perfect boat for me. I've ridden it over logs and tree stumps that would send that other group to the glass shop. You've fallen in with a great group. I've looked around and none of the other boards have the same heart as this one.

Harpo

Ok, ok, so you got yourself a little tin boat...Welcome aboard... I will try not to blind you with my sparkles...

(You do know, of course, that "dem bass, luv dem sparkles" right?)

The real question, is can you catch fish?

(If so, can you teach me????)

Welcome to the site, we're a "mostly harmless" group of people!

Welcome aboard tinman, but remember, most glass guys cut there teeth on tin and then they moved on. Sounds like you have an underlying reason to have a tin boat though! This is one of the best places on earth and I hope we can help you out and vice versa.

Tim King

Sprinkly sparkly owner!

Our message is as follows...(Maestro a little music)... "Oz never gave nothin to the tin men that their boats didn't already have...hmmmm"....

TinMan,

...and all the rest of you, How's Rich ever going to get Alcoa to be a sponsor if we keep calling ALUMINUM "tin"?

Another new member from PA That's great... While I haven't gone through all of the Commonwealth's members, I bet a larger percentage of us are users of "ALUMINUM". If it's not rocks in rivers, it's that damn horsepower limit on the lakes in Pennsylvania. A 10HP (OK, 18 if you want to buy a Tohatsu) doesn't push a fiberglass boat that well. Welcome, and if you ever want to come to the west-central part of the state to fish, let me know...

Welcome Aboard!

I don't give a hoot what you drive!

My sparkles are old and dull - like the owner!

me!

Welcome TinMan,....we're tolerant of all kinds here...we even accept Scott!!....I hope you have a "flack jacket" in one of those storage bins..LOL..not really..just kiddin'!

Glad to have you!

Mac

Yo - TinMan. Welcome aboard.

As has been said here already - Tin rules. Big Tin Rules Bigger (Targa 18). Couple of places around SC that I would need that jet boat to get up after the springtime runs.

Tex

Welcome Tin man!! Ignore the glass people.........the sparkles have caused blindness in some! LOL

Barb

Welcome, and we know somewhere inside is a rational person despite the tin because you own not 1 but 2 Dodges. You're OK in my book. Besides, the tin guys finally got one with a pair!!!! Tinman came out blazing. About time you guys found somebody who could represent! LOL Have fun tinman, but I'm warning you, I'm going to have fun with that name! So Rich would scared lion, Trep the scarecrow, now who's Dorothy???? LOL

I was thinking that Trep in drag could be Dorothy and I would step up to the role of Scarecrow!!

Bob G.

TIN is IN!!!! Welcome!!!

Cass :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm starting to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

BASSIN FOOL - no, I never fished that area. I stay mainly area the Harrisburg area of the Susquehanna and Juniata rivers.

simnitro - yes "dem bassus luv dem sparkles" but around here the smallies like them on the LURES not the BOAT!

Rob- you are one of the reasons I decided to join this fine group. I couldn't just sit here and let you belittle us "tin" guys without a response! So, you're gonna have fun with my handle, huh? Well bring it on buddy.

I think I'm going to like it here.

Uh Bob - You as Scarecrow, nay you and the rest of you are the wizard - Just an illision!!! No real substance !!!hAAA

Welcome TINMAN,

Glad you decided to join in on the fun!!!

Just quote me accurately..." 'dem bassus luv sparkles" (c) Ken Neeley

I guess that would make Rob one of those flying monkeys?

Always glad to see another Tin Man, especially a river fishin Tin man!!

If you have been lurking, then you know Rob is the board's "spanking boy!" Feel free to whack away! LOL!

Glass men, resistence is futile!

all we have to do is take rob's boat to the river and run it!then see the sparklies float down the river! hehe!

never fished the susky here in the northeast.heard the area around wilkes barre is good for smallies,also north is good,tunkannock area is supposed to be good also.just never got around to trying it.

weather might cooperate for me to get out for a while,didnt winterize the boat yet!!

oh,ever notice those fiber guys winterize there boats when the weather gets down in the 40's??

why is this??

inquiring minds want to know!!

Welcome to the site TinMan!

Another fellow tin jockey here...

TV-18 rocks!!!

az

Magna,

That's cause we go huntin'!!! When it gets to 40F in VT in September, the boat goes in storage and hunting commences in October!! Unless you waterfowl hunt, then its tin all the way!

Bob G.

oh i thought because it was fiberGLASS,the cold would make them break if they hit a small piece of ice!!

you know what sucks,it was 55 here all weekend,guess where my boat was?wasnt on the water,nooooooo,it was sitting on the trailer here in the driveway,looking pretty.tried for saturday,but way too many things going on,today,well,a nightmare story.went down back with the ford to get a greenhouse up from over the bank,since i was going to use this as my boat garage,well,heard a clunk,then nothing,stuck,4wd went out.why?a broken plastic piece in the hub which holds the collar in to engage it.

have you ever stood in water trying to take a hub off to put another on?stripped out allen heads,wouldnt come off?well,a 2lb sledge and hub comes off!in pieces! take it out and put on spare i welded to stay engaged,permantly!

where is my boat all during this?not in the water!

were hoping next weekend is warm.

but tin is still it!

Jeff...

Sounds like proof of the saying; "it's hard to remember the plan was to drain the swamp when your time is spent swatting alligators off your pockets...

plan was to go fishing,almost wished i did,but finding the broken hub in 50 degree weather than 0 degree in snow is a lot better!!

and besides,hubs were warranty 100% didnt cost me a dime,just my hr to change them.fogot about the autozone lifetime muffler,its warrantied against rust out,not the ends falling off due to poor welds or however they attach them.got me a maremount cherry bomb from my old 78 i used to have.its 14 yrs old and just like the day it was made!

and now for something completely diffrent!!

its..............

<i>And the winner is . . . .</i></p>

<p><b><font color="#000080" size="7">EVERYBODY!</font></b>

Welcome, I like most GLASS owners am hard-core, and spent the weekend on my boat. I leave and all of the fun starts. You tin boys are pretty smart. You would have never got this far if the Toxic Avenger had been logged in and ready for action. And for all you northern tin guys, I'll give ya a dollar to go out and put your toungue on the hull!! BTW, it's 70 degrees here in Virginia (never mind the tornado).

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back