new product question.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre Voisine

Reaction score
Folks,

I am a Project Development Manager in the personal protection field. We design Bomb suits and crowd Management equipment. I have recently taken a technology and want to apply it to fishing. I would appreciate your feedback to help me identify if there is a need for this.

If you could get light comfortable vest and shorts with a tethered connection to, for example the front panel on the deck of your boat, which would supply comfortable cooling to the body, how much would this be worth to you.

This patented technology actualy circulated chilled water all over the body. It's comfortable because it's not ice against the skin, but just cold water. I have designed a simple way to install in the boat to use on those really hot days. My thinking is any advantage we can get to help stay focused during tournaments are a plus. We have scientific tests that show the advantages of keeping the core body temperature even and limiting the loss of liquids.

I will have this installed in my boat shortly and will post pictures.

Thanks for you input,

Pierre

WOW, do I love technology!!!

I gotta ask, though...did you fish Lake Fork last July?

It was about 110 degrees on the water almost every day that month and I mentioned to my buddy that some sort of cooling unit on a boat would be AWESOME. He mentioned the idea of the body suit. We had heard of something like this being tested at Natick when we were in the Army but never saw it come to our line units.

SOOOOO.....IF you were there, and IF you make a million on this deal, I think we're due a cut!!

p.s. I mean a million AMERICAN $$$...otherwise, I've got enough change in my ashtray (don't need anymore loonies!!)

Man we are getting way out there! But I actually had an idea that was close.....more like an air hockey game on the deck.....chilled air sent upwards at intervals.

Or even a spritzer type system you see on veggies at the supermarket.

I think a suit would be too funky looking.....the tan lines are bad enough with sandals and sunglasses...lol

I would be interested in that technology for my livewells and cooler though....

Mini

Mini

Hey Pierre!!!!!!!

Does the suit come with a hat that can hold cans on the side that can connect to the suit to keep keep your beverages cold.......just think.......you could have Pepsi on one side and Canadian on the other!!!!!!! And, oh yeah one more thing.....need to have straws from the cans.

Just Kidding,

You mean ya'll don't already wear the hardhat with the dual cupholders on top???

Hmmmm...no wonder I get so many strange looks when I go to weigh-in! Sure thought Homer Simpson looked cool when he wore his...

Just take any of the women I've dated in the past year with you - guaranteed to chill the air!

:^)

me!

Guys (and Girls) there is some livewell "cooler" technology out there...I wasn't way impressed with the price compared to a bag of ice...But, it might get down there...

Now, Pierre...how about some kinda "high tech" livewell..with O-2 sensors and temp...then run air...run cooler...we really do need aquariums

Greg

Pierre,...you're from Canada for cryin out loud,...it only gets hot there for 2 days in july,.......hopefully it'll be the 2 days you're at work!...LOL

I was thinking the same thing Mac, I figured this would come from some Texas or south Florida lab! I guess those Canadian's have to do something during the 10 months the water is Ice'd over LOL

Seriously Pierre, as a weekend angler this would not be on my top purchase list. I'm actualy the kind of guy who LOVEs the hot humid weather and for a 10K aluminium boat probably not worth the cost.

Now for Pro's who fish summer southern T's this might be a hit!

I figured i'd get this type of reply mac!!! We designed some demining equipment a few years ago, which is actually the standard protective gear around the world now.....but Damn if I can find a mine in Canada!!

Which is why I bring the question to you guys, !!

thanks for the feedback,

Pierre

Now if you could make the thing self contained on your body then I would think it would be a great asset. Being hooked up to a hose I think would not only be a pain. but limit your mobility. I know at times I move around the boat playing a big fish. Having the hose on would just be one more thing to get in the way. But if it was like a hip pack or something similar It might be the ticket..

If you need a person to test out prototypes let me know..:0)

John

NO NO NO! You got it all wrong Pierre. I SAID a line in the boat that is an IV putting liquid (coronas) directly into your bloodstream to help you cope with the heat and cool your internal body temp! No that would be a feature. But there goes the focus in a tourney idea! LOL

Pierre,.......There may not be any mines in Canada,..that's a good thing!!......but it's the US f-16's dropping 500lbr's on you by accident that you need to be concerned with..... LOL

and BTW,...that was a terrible accident,...and EVERYBODY knows it.......God bless our troops all over the world!

Mac

Latest posts

Back