Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Flattem

Reaction score
Good day.

I am a new member of this very fine board.

A few weeks ago, my wife said we should bring our boat (old 14' Starcraft) back home (south Mpls MN suburb) and get a new boat for 'up north' (Burnett county WI). Brilliant idea I thought...we shopped and ended up with a 2003 Tracker Pro Deep V 16-SC with a 60hp motor.

A couple of weeks later I mentioned I wanted an Ezy-Up trailer jack, Cabelas (3 hour round trip) had one for $25, and Bass Pro had one online for $20. She said lets _go_ to Bass Pro in Springfield (11.5 hour each way).

34 years of marriage and she loves to fish...what more can a guy ask for.

I have spent too many hours at work reading the messages and have accumulated many in a folder to read when we are up north and I need some quick information.

Thanks for all the shared information and in advance to the questions I will be asking in the future.

Steve

I'm sorry Steve, the Deep V 16 is the only boat you can't use for membership. If you'll trade it in on a glass boat, you can stay :).

Mike said that because he knows it will get a rise out of the "tin" guys on this forum. He'd knock a badger off a honeycomb just to P*** it off.

Like I said in a previous post.

"Don't believe a thing these "glass" guys tell you"

They have wrongly convinced themselves that "glass" is the only way to fish. Then they spend all day trying to keep 'em shiny and new. They think pretty is functional.

Always remember...Glass lies, Tin rules.

Welcome to you and your wife... come in, have a beer and hang around, there is alot of good help here, all you have to do is ask.

Welcome Steve, enjoy the boat. It doesn't matter what others think of your boat, it only matters what you think of it.

Tin, glass, wood, blow up raft....As long as you're fishing who cares. I wish I could have a glass and a tin and a blow up doll who could help me lauch the boat. Ha! Welcome!

Ah, another Tin man! Welcome!

(And I am biting my tongue refraining from responding to Teri's blow up doll comment.)

Rich D

Teri ROCKS!!!...the woman fishes,...likes boats and guns,...probably can throw back a few gusto's with the guys,...man..what a find!!! (Mini,..ask her out!!..LOL)

Teri, come on up here and fish with us,..we'll show you some super toad smallies and a couple BEEEAAUUUtiful lakes!!

We'd love to show you around the mighty mitten!!! LOL

Mac

Who's talkin' about my significant other? Ol' "patches" has served well over the years...she really takes my breath away!;)

TEE

Welcome from the glass side.

Just make sure you don't pull the "pop top" in the hull that was left in during the manufacturing process. You'll go down like a rock!!

TOXIC

Tox,

HA! I have to admit, that was good! Especially coming from such a bad kisser. Maybe you can get a blow up doll to practice on!

Rich D

Mac, where is Waterford, MI. I would love to actually catch fish for once. Tell me where the local hotel is and give me a weekend you aren't fishing or 'tooning and I am there. I'm not that great of a catch or I wouldn't be thrown back all the time. HA!

Steve - Welcome to the Right Side of boating - TIN!!!

Now get some pictures of that new boat up in your library so all the 'glass folks can DROOL!!!

Trep

From another glass guy, welcome!!

Carlos

OK the doll comment got me also HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Welcome Steve!

Tin Rules! Don't mind all those 'glass' people...

MOST of them are relatively harmless...

LOL

Enjoy the best site on the Internet!!!

az

Welcome Steve,

This is from another glass guy,

Not a 100% though, only 98%. got a TF 17 and a 17' grizzly to duck hunt and catfish out of. Good folks here, we all still care about each other not matter if we're a Hatfield or a McCoy. KENNY

Steve,

Welcome aboard. Regardless of your boat brand, some of the best people in the sport reside here. Boy - that's a scary thought!

Get them pic's taken and posted up.

Tex

Welcome... And pay no attention to the spun glass fanatics... Real Men ride Tin.... And, real men fish for critters with teeth... (And, no gender offense intended...just an unintended side effect, collateral damage, as they say, in the Glass vs. Tin wars here) However, stick around, for laughs we let a few Ranger and Champion owners hang out here... It's like having your own stable of pet insult targets... Now a wife that fishes and suggests a trip to the Holy Site... WOW you are a luccky dog... does she sahre her favorite lures, too?

Welcome to the NTOWS Steve. You should enjoy our banter and get some useless information. Don't worry about those Ranger and Stratos guys. We just let them hang around because we're all so liberal. ;>)

Have fun and good luck with the new boat.

Harpo

Welcome Steve, I have the same boat/motor setup, only the 2002 model Pro Deep V 16, and could not be happier with it,if I'd waited a year I could have gotten the all welded hull like yours, but still, it's perfect for my needs, enjoy it, and welcome to the board, AND, chalk up another one for TIN! egMike

Welcome to the site Steve, they call me the fool,oh ya thats right I am the fool. Tin all the way, now if I could just convince people it really is tin.

Welcome aboard Steve. I have the 2001 version of your boat and love mine. Don't forget Tin is In!!! Those other guys are breathing in too much fiberglass fumes.

Mike

Latest posts

Back