New boat is smokin'!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Did the break in today on the TR-20X, and after the mandatory 3000-4500 deal for the prescribed amount of time, opened her up for a little top speed run. Couldn't get completely up to speed because of where I was running - but she does move quick! I have some adjusting to do, but I'm hoping to have it out again tomorrow for another run, and hopefully will be able to determine top speed.

Of note - today was the first day my 17 month old has ever been in a boat. He loved it! My wife and I took him along with us today during the slower speed runs, and he had a blast. We were laughing at him. When we would stop for one of the several no wake zones (Nottoway river), he would walk around the boat. Then right before we would take off again, he would go back to my wife and sit in her lap. After a while, we caught on - when he would see the second "No Wake" bouy, he would go back and sit down. My little buddy actually knew we were getting ready to take off! He had a blast, and I think we are going to start taking him out more often. For those of you with young children - we found a great life-suit for him. It's USCG approved Type 3. I found it on page 397 of the BPS master catalog. Since it's a suit with flotation in it (it's like a wet suit with life jacket foam in the chest and back - floats a child face upright), he didn't try to take it off. It didn't seem to bother him in the least bit, and that's great, since he wouldn't be in the boat without one. Probally the best $25 I have spent on boating.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with my new ride. My wife was amazed at the difference between my old boat and this one. My old boat rode nice.... this boat rides excellent. Takes wakes great, handles great, very smooth ride. Two feet in length longer than my old boat, but it seems like I have 3 times as much storage space. I am also not used to the gas mileage. In the Cajun, the run that I did today would have dropped my gas gauge to 1/4 tank. The gauge in the Triton barely moved. Hellllllloooooooo OptiMax!:D

Congrats Glenn! Your excitement shows:).. I'm happy to see you've got the little guy started early..Thanks for the tip regarding the suit too. I have a friend who was looking for just that.

Bill

Latest posts

Back