New Bass Pro Shops Products

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
I just recieved an order from Bass Pro Shops. Included in the box was the Bass Pro Shops Christmas catalog. While I agree, it's a little early for me to even think about the holidays, I perused through it and noticed a few interesting things.

#1 - Bass Pro and B.A.S.S. have apparently teamed up to produce a line of "Bassmaster" reels and rods. One is a low profile baitcaster; and the other a barrel type. Both sell for $99.00. They both appear to be spin offs of the bass pro XPS line of reels. No spinning reels are pictured but appear to be on the way because the "Bassmaster" rods which retail for $99.00 and $69.00 are both available in baitcasting and spinning with a large variety of lengths and actions.

#2- There is also a new line of "Bassmaster" hardbaits available. There are 4 different models which include a suspending jerk bait, a standard short bodied fat crank, a flat crank and a top water walking type bait. Each type sells for $7.99.

#3- Also shown is a new size 7 jointed Shad Rap, a magnum Heddon Torpedo, new Bomber model 8A crank and the new Berkley "Gulp" soft plastics which includes Berkley's version of the Senko.

#4 - There is also a line of "Bassmaster" jigs, Buzzbaits (which interestingly enough are "in-line" style) and Tungsten spinnerbaits. The jigs retail for a "pricey" $4.99, the Buzzbaits $5.99 and the Spinnerbaits $7.99.

The tackle portion of the catalog is fairly brief, but from what there is to look at, we are going to see alot of new colors from the soft plastic manufacturers. Strike King soft plastics will be available in up to 19 new colors, Bass Pro magnum flippin tubes have 8 new colors available just to name a few.

Also something interesting to note for you BASSMASTER UNIVERSITY attendees. It appears Bass Pro and BASSMASTER U. have teamed up to hold there 2 day seminars in the Bass Pro Shops stores instead of local universities and community centers. Whole page advertisement in the Christmas catalog shows 3 different dates 1 in January and 2 in February. Not sure if this is all they plan on having but they are going to be in the following BPS stores - Orlando, Nashville, St. Louis, Springfield and Cincinnati. According to the add, it will continue to be a 2 day affair, the price has increased to $119.00, included in that you recieve a $50.00 tackle pack from Bass Pro, Techniques Magazine, A special invitation to attend a reception at Outdoor World on Saturday Night and a 15% discount shopping voucher at Outdoor World.

Thats it, that's all I have to report. I have to evacuate my basement office now. My dog has driven me out with a tremendous gas problem...!!!

Smitty - What's the dog's name? Toxic2?? LOL

Hey Smitty, maybe you ought to lay down some pages from that catalog for the dog. ;>))

Harpo

I saw those products at the Classic in Nawlin's this past August in BPS's booth....the baits are nice!!

They needed new sizes & colors because we already own every color of everything made. The only way to get bass anglers to buy more is to come out with new sizes and colors.

I can hear the marketing groups just laughing at us "Ha ha haaa, Those dumb bass guys will buy ANYTHING"..LOL

Marke:

Score a X-ring on that shot, buddy! DEAD CENTER!!!

Latest posts

Back