Nashville Bound

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Looks like by the end of today, I may be calling Nashville Tennessee "home". I was offered a 30% raise to my base (only 20% if you count my bonus) and a nice signing bonus to cover my moving expenses. I haven't officially accepted by it's kind of hard not to. I am pretty nervous to move. I have been in Indy all my life. Should I do it????

Do you want to go through life wondering what if?

Go for it!

Rich D

Nashville's a great town to live in. It's one of the spots on my 'like to live in' list. No state income tax (counts as a raise). Plenty of good fishing around the area.

Lastly, if you've been in Indy all your life how could you not move. Life's all about taking risks. Leaving friends is hard, but making friends is even easier.

That's a tough question, I have changed companies several times and have caught myself asking "what if I stayed where I was" would I be better off. Are you looking to get out of Indy and move south?

I wish you the best of luck and happiness with your decision.

Looking Out Teri
wave.gif

I would In a Heartbeat.....I hate Indiana....I am going south before long..It will be Tenn. or Alabama....Got to get close to soem good water teri.....

Teri,

COME ON DOWN!!!

Nashville is a great city. I live about 15 miles south of Nashville and LOVE it. Of course, I was born and lived in Tennessee all my life, so I'm kind of biased.

What you gonna do with your cabin if you move? You gonna have to sell it?

I could help with finding what area to live in as I've lived in Hendersonville for 12 years just north of Nashville, where I was 2 miles from the boat ramp on Old Hickory Lake. Now I live south of Nashville in Murfreesboro and am within 10 miles of Percy Priest Lake. I grew up in Tullahoma, TN which is surrounded by Tims Ford Lake, Woods Reservoir, and Normandy Lake. My grandfather had a cabin on Wheeler Lake in North Alabama for 45 years. So I guess I'm saying I've benn on most of the lakes around here.

Feel free to email me and I'll give you my phone # if you have any questions!!

GO TITANS!

Tom

Hang on Teri... just so you know. I'm leaving Indiana tomorrow... no need to move just on account of me :). Good luck.

Mike, I was at the airport in Indy at 4:00pm last Thursday flying to Nashville. I listened for some very obnoxious loud mouth but I didn't hear one so I figured you already blew thru town.

Teri - As I said on a previous post, i've done the move and job change WAY too many times!!! LOL If this is something that you want, a job/company you like and a location you can learn to enjoy/love then GO FOR IT!!! If you leave Lily in good stead, with a sufficient resignation timeline then WORSE case you can always go back, IF you decide down the line you don't like Nashville!!

You only live ONCE, I say, take the $$, take the job, move-fish-live and ENJOY the change!!!!

Oh, and I swore i'd NEVER live in the Chicagoland area, I then out of college 3 months moved to Schaumburg, and loved the job and made a SLEW of $$ in the process. Got engaged and moved 18 months later but the experience in the job laid the groundwork for the next few jobs I got and the salary increases as well.

Trep

Nashville is an area I like and targeted for living. Moving south a little at a time.

Teri...You will absolutely love living in nashville it is #1 on my list for living or retirement. I was there for a year but had to come back to Memphis for work. I will be living there again someday.

1. People are super friendly

2. Downtown is really happening

3. Tourist city so always some event going on

4. Huge Bass Pro Shop

5. Opry Hotel awesome during the Holidays

6. And most important the fishing and boating oppurtunities are endless.....

Teri,

Just think, "no regrets". You want to have no regrets on the decision made, no matter if you stay or go.

Good luck and you are closer of you go to Nashville!!! Nice area!!!

Carlos

Tom, I need to hook up with you sometime. I'm in Nashville pretty often (every three months or so), my goddaughter and my daughter's godparents live in Franklin.

Mike, I wish I'd known you were going to be in Marion sooner. I work at the VA Hospital and I could have got you a private room here on one of the locked psych wards. Maybe next time you're in town. LOL

Teri, GO FOR IT!!!!! You'll always wonder if you should have if you don't..

Good Luck with whatever you do.

Bill

Take he money and run....

What is the worst scenario... You don't like the job... find another one and move on...

I'd move to Nashville in a heartbeat. I really like the area, surrounding countryside, available fishing and of course the people and climate.

Best of luck in your decision making. Call the movers.

Tex

Well? Well????? It's evening, did you decide?? Huh? Huh?

Heck Teri I was hoping to go out on the Pontoon......HA we need to get a good weekend so we can catch some before you move..JR

Teri Just follow your heart, Nashville is tops in my book and after I sell my house I may move there also. What area are you thinking of moveing to? I have done some research and like all big cities there are nice and not so nice areas. Lori my X has family in Murfreesboro, we have been there I time or two. That area has everthing a person could ever want. The Stockyard in downtown Nashville is the best Steak house I have ever been to. The Opry Land hotel is a sight to be seen (inside) The Titans just across the river from down town. If you like to party a little Down Town is tops. Printers Alley, Tootsies Orchid lounge ect. Sorry got off track. When did you say your CD was going on sale?

BF

Hey Teri, I think you will like Nashville, I live about 35 min. south of Nashville, and the weather and fishing is great, what else would you want. Go for it! Later<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

Teri:

Go for it. You're young and life is an adventure. Plus, you are close to some great fishing spots. If you want, I have a close friend who is a realtor and she can help you locate the best parts of town to live in. Fire me an email and I'll get you the particulars.

Da Bear

Alright Teri! Way to go! Gonna' have to hook up and hit the Holler(Dale that is) and whip up on a few smallies if ya' move. I'd do it and wouldn't think twice! Either way..GOOD LUCK! :)

Ok, you all have convinced me. I am still waiting to hear back on my counter. I never take the first offer. I should hear in the next day or so. I think I am going to do it if we come to terms. I dread moving.

For those who know Nashville, the realtor took me to Belle Meade, Green Hills, and Bellevue. I would be working on the East side in Hermitage. I would like to stay close to work and it would be nice to be close to Percy Priest Lake and Old Hickory. I found a house in Mt Juliet that I really like but I know nothing about the area. The realtor told me the east side won't appreciate or be in demand when i want to sell. Any opinion on that????

Teri, the fact that you've never lived somewhere else is a good reason to try this. Moving can be a hassle, but you are doing it under such positive circumstances; you don't get any safer chances to spread your wings than the one you have before you. If you aren't happy, you can always go back to Indy.

Don't know the area that well but as long as it don't depreciate then does it matter? How about a place on the water or are they over priced like everywhere else?

BF

Teri:

When I am in Nashville I stay in Franklin, it is a wonderful area. Brentwood is nice. It's about 1/2 hour from Percy. Percy is a great lake.

My friend is a realtor and knows the area, send her an email and ask for the best locations. Plus her husband has a bass boat in their driveway.

http://agents.crye-leike.com/content/AgentHomePage.asp?agentID=68006

Da Bear

It's official !!! They gave me what I wanted. I have until Tuesday to make a final decision.

Go for It...You will have a great time.....Going to keep your cabin for the weekends??????? You won't be that far away......JR

I am 95% positive I am going but not until Nov 1. I am keeping the cabin in southern IN. I think it will be about a 3.5 hour drive.

Good luck!! You'll be within an hour or so to some of the most awesome largemouth, smallmouth, and spotted bass fishing. Welcome to the neighborhood!!

Teri,

Go for it, Best of luck, I'm sure you will like it,

May I make a suggestion??? When I lived in CAL. they would tax you for "anything" that made money or you owned outside of CAL. Might I suggest you check on Taxes and other incidentals for your cabin since you will be out of state???

This site friend Just doesn't want you to get caught unaware or blindsided by some hidden costs..

I am sure you will do very well.. You appear to be someone that can adapt to situations easily.

Know you from this website and your posts only. I think you got the world where ya want it. Make it happen!!

Mike

Very cool.... Now we can all "vacation" in Nashville.... LOL,,, Teri... practice your "yee-haaa", you'll need it for those eciting moments, that are sure to come..

Do it!!! I made the decision 2 years ago to move out here to MI after spending my whole life in NH. The overall experience has been awesome and a little change of sceneary never hurts.

It will be better to go and hate it than it will be to spend the rest of your life wondering "What if?"

Teri,

Congrats on your decision and best of luck! You sure you don't want to move to NJ, I need a good partner for the local buddy circuit.

Chris

Latest posts

Back