Long time no see....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Just popping in to say hi. I think last time I was here I was just informed I would be laid off from my job. Well, right after that my relationship of 10 years ended so it's been an interesting month or two for me.

I was not let go from my job right away. They kept me on to finish some things and my last day here is July 24th. I've been busy downsizing my life in preparation for losing my job.

Sold the Chevy Avalanche - replaced with a used Toyota FJ Cruiser. Bought super cheap!

Sold the Ranger Reata - replace with an 06 Skeeter 170sx with a 90hp Yamaha. Super, super cheap and looks brand new and fits in garage (well I ripped the trim off garage but that's a whole different story.)

Refinanced my house and replacing stuff I lost in the "divorce" little by little. I love Craigslist.com. Ha!

Sold my jet ski and the Harley is up for sale.

And the best part....I signed an offer letter yesterday with a great company here in town, and I actually think it's a better job than I had before. Very excited about it!!! Hoping to take a month off in between.

Women's Bassmaster Tour Update - I have a WBT tournament September 10-12th here in TN. I would love to wait and start the new job on Sept 14th. I dropped from 3rd in points to 7th after my tournament in Arkansas. I finished somewhere in the 30's on that one. It was right when everything in my life fell apart. I spent the 1st day of the tournament puking over the side of the boat. Not sure what happened there, maybe bad food. I actually laid down and slept across the back of the boat. Thought I was going to die. I rebounded the next day but not enough to make the cut. We get to drop our lowest finish so I am hoping to do well on Old Hickory. I have a very good chance of making the Classic.

Hope all is well with you guys. My life is starting to turn around so I will probably be back on here more. Haven't had much time for fishing but I hope that changes during my month off.

Cheers!!! :cool:

Good to hear ya Teri and glad things worked out. I knew they would;)

Good Luck with your life and even more with the tour:cool:

GO FISH!

Teri - I was just thinking of you this week and where you were out and about to!

WOW!!

Sorry about the relationship, that sucks.

Avalanche? Geeze where was I, last I watched "As the Teri Turned" it was the Jeep Wrangler 4 door and the Ranger!!! Skeeter cool we need pictures!

Great news on the job front, I knew with your skills it wouldn't be long.

Keep positive thoughts lady!

Congrats on all the new (positive) events Teri! Glad to hear you are doing better and that things are looking up for you. VERY good to see you back here.

All the best,

Glenn

Great News Teri!! Keep us posted....it's STILL scary as hell around here and will be until early Oct.!! NOBODY is safe!!

Glad things turned around for you!!

Mac

Mac, I will have to post a picture of my FJ with my Scales and Tales characters. It totally needs a wrap some day. It is the perfect SUV for it.

Mini, I forgot where you posted your question but if my cabin is still around by your tournament you are more than welcome to it. It's still for sale.

Teri - glad to hear things are looking up. Bummer about what you had to go through to get there.

Aint life grand!! Good to hear from you. I almost sent out an email to see how you were. I've been through quite a bit myself. Stay in touch.

TOXIC

Hang in there Teri. When the going gets tough the tuff get goin. Garage door trim is easy to fix. I know!!!

fatrap

Teri don't worry I got laid off in late may and I found something else two weeks later. I am in manhattan for a europeen investment bank and moving to London/UK in august. I have a full month off enjoying the city.

My new employer was jumping up and down went they had the opportunity to make me an offer and it was a 50% pay raise for me.

Good luck and don't get discouraged.

Marc

It was facebook Teri. I would be looking to rent it from you for a week. Me and a couple of other guys are fishing our National Championship that week on Patoka.

Glad things are looking up for you.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you. Hopefuly things will be in order for you so I can you at the MVM Toad-a-palooza next year.

Gene

Good for you. Good things happen to good people. Now if my recently graduated daughter can get a job......

Good to see you post Teri! Glad to see things picking up for your. Keep your chin up and a smile on. Even if things are completely in the toilet, it'll baffle those around you with a pleasant disposition! :D Good luck on Hick'!!:)

Hope you are holding up okay on the personal front. Stay upbeat as musch as possible and just think about whoopin some bass to get even for the rough things in your day... Sure as heck, something good will always arrive... Might be a big tournament win in your near future...

Hi Teri,

It sounds like you have a very positive attitude coming out of all the bad things you've endured over the last few months. I hope the best for you. I really enjoy hearing your tournament results and stories!

All the best,

RoyC

Teri, keep your chin up, sometimes things that happen turn out to be for the bettter long term! I too enjoy hearing about your tournament stories! Best wishes to you Teri! Mike

Latest posts

Back