NASCAR

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just got back from Ft. Worth, Texas at the Texas Motor Speedway with my two brothers. The Saturday and Sunday races were cancelled due to the weather. They had two races on Monday. Being from south Louisiana, I had never had a chance to attend a race. Needless to say, it was a awesome!. The noise, cars, vibrations all made it a powerful experience. I'm hooked. My two brothers and I are already talking about going to Daytona next year. We might even bring the wives this time!!

Barry :D

They are cool!!...I've been to a couple....love the atmosphere!! When I had my "deal" with Action Performance a few years ago, they flew my wife and me out to Phoenix for some meetings and one of the "perks" was tickets to the race in their suite at the speedway.:D Talk about a SWEEET suite!!Right at the #1 curve at end of the row!! Paula Abdul popped in to the suite too...she's a tiny little thing!:blink: But damn cute!!:wub:

I'd like to see the Indy 500 and the Daytona 500 too someday!!

Barry,

try Daytona in July. Weather is better. Feb can be darn cold, But July will DEFINITELY be hot, but its a night race.

Also try Richmond, Bristol or Martinsville. Short tracks are a blast. You can see the whole track from any seat. Lots of beatin' and bangin' !!

Well you knuckleheads, I live about 60 miles from Daytona. If you want to organize a mass trip down, you have a place to stay. Would be best if it was a boys trip. wives don't like sleeping in groups (normally :lol: )Actually I was flying back from an assignment this year and went in to Orlando. When coming through Daytona the race was going on. The 2 weeks you don't want to stay IN Daytona are 500 week and Bike Week.

TOXIC

Those are the two week I WANT to be there :)

Tox, I have a friend that lives right on Daytona Beach. I should introduce you to her.

Toxic: The wives saw that we had so much fun that they want to come. We'll send them shopping or whatever. I have a niece that lives south near CoCo Beach. Thanks for the invite and the info!

Barry:D

I said stay IN Daytona....going to Daytona is not a problem but if you have to stay in a hotel/motel it is a zoo. I still have to get ahold of Chuck AND get the boat in the water.

TOXIC

A good friend of mine lived in Ormand Beach for several years. I accepted an invite to see the 500 with him in '94. (My buddy was/is a freelance sports photographer.) We were down in the pits, partying before breakfast and before the noon start, I was hugging a barrel calling the bears with my technicolor yawn. :( Spent most of the race sleeping it off in an RV. It was the longest month of my life crammed into one weekend and the beginning of the end of my wild party days. :D

Years ago I spent Spring Break wiht a bunch of college buddies in a beachfront hotel during Bike Week. Crazy stuff.....I was younger then.

Daytona is awesome, Indianapolis is historic and huge, smaller tracks are even better for watching (you cant see but about 1/8 of indy from any seat.). Places like Phoenix, not a bad seat in the place. Smaller places like "ORP" for the Nationwide races are affordable and you can get way close to everything.

Latest posts

Back