Hey - NTOWS

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Hey all - I got an email from Bill regarding where I have been, didn't realize it's been that long since I posted. I have visited a couple times but not really posting in a while.

I have been busy at work and now that seems worse to say becuase my company merged with another company out in Indiana and my postion will most likely be taken out there. Anybody need an Accountant/CPA.

Oh I was VERY sick for most of February and March and I am still only about 60% of my former health,

I went to Texas to do a company wide presentation, and I woke up that morning with kidney stones. I had to go to the hospital down in Ft. Worth TX. :)huh:)

Flew back to NJ with the pain and fever and stuff, went to the hospital up in NJ and was operated on for the stones, (no cutting involved!!) was told by the surgeon that my kidney was one of the top 5 worst he has ever done, they were about to out in one of those taps in my back to drain my kidney, thank God it started to cooperate during surgery.

Went home and two days later I was back in Hopsital for another 5 days for surgery and recovering due to not eating and drinking from fever and pain.

Anybody have a Kidney stint before not fun.

Then my wife tried to clear the snow becuase I was not allowed to lift more than 20lbs, and she ruptured her disk in her back, she was basically crippled and in the Hospital for 3 days, then sent home with a walker on wheels. It sucked for some time but she is getting better.

We had to get rid of our Choc. Lab, my wife and I could not handle the 90lb dog with bad kidneys and a really bad back. It sucks and she still gets upset two weeks later.

So things are so-so right now and did not have much good things to say over here and did not want to keep sending out bad news.

On a good note, I QUIT smoking through this ordeal, being in the Hospital and not being able to smoke gave me what I needed to get past it, (I also watched someone my age choke on his own lung gunk while waiting for his turn on the cat scan).

I still have strong urges to smoke, especailly with all that's going on, but I will try my best, basically I quit cold turkey, on feb 22nd and have not smoked since.

We are trying to sell our house in NJ, so please pray for my family to do so, we need a new beginning somewhere south.

CJL

Special thanks to Uncle Billy for asking

LOL @ Brad, so you are in the "I had a Kidney Stint Removed" club as well huh. Crazy stuff.

Remember the movie BraveHeart, at the end when they disembowled him, that's what it reminds me of. :(

Chris,

Hang in there... And, you should know that posting concerns and getting a little friendly sympathy are one of the reasons this is a great site. Congrats on the cold turkey! I did it 20+ years ago... I know it was tough... but you have already quit so resist the urge to start again...

I went out and bought myself a great new toy... Made a promise to my wife I would "give it away" if I started smoking again! Helped... kept me a little more focused on not starting again!

Dang! Had a small run there CJ?;)

Good deal on the smokin'...next on my list.

Glad to hear ya' back.

Now get well and GIT TO FISHIN'!

Now THAT'S an order:lol:

My wife had that stint last year for here Kidney stone they used a lazer to brake up her stones they where to big to pass. Hay I think her company is looking for a CPA in Virginia ?

but thats not very fare south dang good company free insurance.

Hutch

Thanks Greg, Tee & Brad,

That's some funnt stuff there Brad, I did pass some Blod Clots the size of a Cashew nut, and took some in to show the doc, he was not impressed.

Tee, I thought the smoking was with me for good, first thing in the morning and all that, fishing & smoking and sippin on coffee, but I got past it. I have fished now twice without smoking, did have urges but no smoking. The outings were not very long becuase of the kidney pains. But still a good test.

BTW - I took up playing guitar again, it seems to help a lot when it comes to stress and such. I purchased a new Fender Amp that can be loaded with backing tracks to play along with, it's really awesome.

I play at least once a day, and sometimes about 10-15 minutes in the morning before I leave for work, it helps with the smoking.

Strange feeling in my lungs about two weeks in to quiting I could feel them kinda healing or something, strange feeling but I could tell it was from not smoking anymore.

I do get tired really fast during the day, the doctor siad it will take a while to get back up to full speed.

Thanks Hutch, I have been looking in the NC/SC area right now. I flew down to Greensboro two weeks ago on an interview.

Not sure what they used on my stones but they went in after them with a camera & other things to "blast it" , that's what they called it anyway.

Chris, glad you are getting through all that. Heading to Smith Mt Lake VA in two weeks to fish and have some fun, went last year and had a blast. When I get back maybe we can get together and fish Spruce Run.

CJ

CJL - VERY glad my uncle Bill is checking up on ya, and even BETTER that you are still with us. Sounds like you and the wife's luck is ready change for the BETTER!!! come on down south, we fish all year (and belly ache about the 30's!! LOL) and I make some of the best beer in the world!

Heck, now that Tex has moved back to Texas on the lake, you are wide open!

If you need anything, just give us a holler!

dang, for a Jersey born (St. Joseph's hospital in Patterson, NY) boy to parents from the Bronx and Brooklyn i'm starting to sound like the rest of the rednecks!!!! LOL

All joking aside, sorry to hear the hard time you and the family have been through, but VERY happy to hear you are all on the mend!

Trep

Well it's about time dang it:p You don't have to give special thanks to anyone here Chris.. We are all your friends you know and letting steam off or just crying in your beer are just a couple of the reasons we're all here.:cool: All I'm doing right now is letting out a great big "shewwww" because I was afraid something terrible had happened to you or your family.

I'm sorry to hear about all of the health crap. That can really get you down and you have to be careful and watch out for depression. Take it from me, I know. I didn't have a stint but did have kidney stones once. It was probably the worst pain I ever felt and I didn't have a clue as to what was going on until I was in the emergency room for a little while and they told me.

Anyway, things have to get better right? You've shown you can still type so no matter what, let us know what's going on will you? BTW, I'm sorry you had to get rid of the dog.

Take care,

Uncle Billy

Hey Chris....long time no viddy there ol' friend. Don't make yourself so scarce.

Harpo

CJL - Geeeez - Thought my Joisey Jokes had gotten to you and you decided to stay off the board. Don't move too far South. Central Virginia is a nice place and I know of a lake that you can fish in. Come on down and check the place out. Always have room in the back of the boat. Glad you and the Missus are getting better. Take it slow and get out and fish once you get rid of that hard water in Joisey! LOL

Latest posts

Back