My first impressions of seeing a 2010 Z7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja 252

Reaction score
My wife and I drove down to BPS in Springfield and looked at a new 2010 Z7 yesterday.

I like most of the changes to the 2010. The front center storage locker is much bigger, there is more room in the dash and on the bow for electronics, ladder is real nice, it has new pull up cleats and the step on trailer tongue is great. There are minor cosmetic changes to the rear corners of the boat and graphics on the boat. The looks of the black dash was better than I expected, but I still prefer the white dash. For shorter drivers the 2010 dash is much higher and you may have trouble seeing over it. Overall I think Nitro did a great job of updating the Z7. With the current pricing this is a lot of boat for the money, I think they will sell a lot of them.

I don't know if the addition of the Rapid planing system is a noticeable difference from a 09, but it looks interesting. You do loose the possibility of mounting a SS transducer dead center on the step.

One thing I do not understand why they don't make enough leg room for tall people. Over the years I have passed up buying several cars and boats because of this issue. I'm 6'4" and leg room and knee room is a big deal to me. I originally bought a 08 Z6 because I simply did not fit in a 08 Z7, the dash was straight across and there's no room for my knees, so I have to kind of cross my legs to get my knees low enough to fit under the dash. The problem is now I'm all jammed up under the steering wheel and dash and when you shift into gear the throttle hits my leg. (Tall people will get what I'm saying) The Z6 had a curved dash and had much more room.

When the 09 Z7 came out I noticed they changed the dash. It was curved like the Z6 and had tons of room for us tall people.

Now I find myself in the position of upgrading my Z6 to a Z7 and I cant wait to see the redesigned dash in the 2010 Z7. Well I was shocked to see that the new dash is back to straight across and my knees don't fit! What the heck do I do now? One upgrade to the 2010 is the removable panel that reveals a place for a hot foot. With the panel removed I can stretch out my right leg more, which lowers my knee enough to get it under the dash. This leaves me room to work the throttle. Not the best but I could live with it. I guess I will have to if I want the other upgrades to the 2010. If I get Tilt hyd steering it moves the steering wheel closer to me (bad), but the tilt option helps with leg room.

Now I just have to figure out which engine to get. I think I still leaning towards the 175 Pro XS.

Bill

Olebiker, you would be the last one to get wet in a rain storm!:lol::lol::lol:

Randy!

My wife and I visited our local Tracker Marine store this week too. I agree with you, it is a great improvement over my '08.

The only thing I didn't like was the drivers console. It in my opinion makes the boat look awkward and I really like the lower profile of mine as well as it being white in color. If you want a depth finder the size of a small suitcase put it on a gimble on the side and not in the line of site. This is a Z-7 not a Z-9 !!!

Just my 2 cents.

Tom

I am really impressed with what Nitro has done to their 2010 Z7. I like how they basically made it a smaller Z8.

Latest posts

Back