First impressions of my 2022 Targa V-19 Tournament Edition.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DodgeBoy

NTO Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we got her in the water a ran her around for about 4 hours last Sunday . First thing I noticed was the fuel gauge doesn't work. Not sure about the trim gauge, sometimes it showed that it was tilted up and other times it showed it was all the way down (even when it wasn't). Found a bunch of stupid stuff that was loose, horn button, ing. switch, the port side glovebox latches both where loose. The port rear latch for the top is all most impossible to get on or off. And the back cover were the trailer plug stores was never screwed down. For a $60K boat there is a lack of quality control at Tracker. None of these items should have made it out the back door of the factory IMO.

Now for the good, fast, responsive, looks good, seems to ride well but will find out more when we take her out into the lake.

She back at Bass Pro getting the items taken care of, so we will see how their service department is. Should get her back today.

Now for the good, fast, responsive, looks good, seems to ride well but will find out more when we take her out into the lake.

She back at Bass Pro getting the items taken care of, so we will see how their service department is. Should get her back today.
Wow, that's really good. Hope she'll be much better in the lake.

So what's their alibi?🙂

Sounds very similar to my experience with my 2021 V19 Combo Tournament Edition! Seems I had to fix something every time I went out! What I hadn’t already fixed my dealer took care of last fall though. Look back to last years post if you want to see my list, unfortunately it may give you more things to check and be disappointed with, particularly check your fuse box mounting screws and all your seat and seat post mounts. Good Luck

Poor Quality Control seems to be more and more common on the boats coming from White River Marine Group. Always document defects and problems with your new boats thru emails to Tracker and White River Marine. They will send you a incident report #. It could come in handy down the road. Everyone seems to really like their boats, but all agree for as much money $$$$ that you are paying there are too many things not installed correctly on these boats. I hope the rest of the summer and fall goes smoother for you.

Picked her up from Bass Pro and all the items have been fixed well that's what they tell me lol. I'll pull the cover today and inspect it to see. They did tell me the wire was never plugged in for the fuel gauge from the factory and that it is a common problem with these boats.

I work in QC at a FCA facility and when there is an issue with something not getting installed properly or forgotten the production operators have to mark the component with a paint pen that is color code to their shift showing they actually did their job properly. Look under the hood of any vehicle and you are going to find different colored dots on plugs, nuts and bolts and components. Maybe the boating and RV industries should start this practice. All in all I really love boat.

That's good news. When are you taking her to the lake?🙂

What would be better is if you would start passing along boat owner’s issues so they will stop sending out defective boats.
How do you pass this information on to the manufacturer? I received a survey from Tracker and I did note the issues on it.

Most of the survey was about Bass Pro. There were two questions about the boat lol.

How do you pass this information on to the manufacturer? I received a survey from Tracker and I did note the issues on it.

Most of the survey was about Bass Pro. There were two questions about the boat lol.
Sorry about confusion that reply, it was for NitroAdmin for them to notify Tracker that customers are see a lot of defects on their new boats. Go to Tracker and White River Marine websites and use the Contact Us link. I used email link and got a response with incident #.

Well only made it out Friday and Saturday she handled very good out in the lake.cought 20 Perch Friday and we limited out on Saturday.

Well only made it out Friday and Saturday she handled very good out in the lake.cought 20 Perch Friday and we limited out on Saturday.
That's fantastic! Glad to hear about the boat and the Perch.:) When is the next outing?

That sounds like you've got you bugs out and having fun! Nice boat btw. I am curious. I own the 185 combo w/115hp pro xs. I noticed mine was a bit sluggish getting out of the hole and on plane with 2 dogs, the wife, a full live well with 20lbs of fish. I put a whale tail on and it helped a lot. I know yours is a bit heavier with more ponies, but would like to hear from you in the future on the performance coming out of the hole when you have a good load on her. Congrats on the boat, my favorite of the Tracker line!

Maybrfd
we have a 2019 V19 combo that we use at lakes between 6300 and 9000 ft. it came with the 175 xs pro and a 19 pitch prop. I changed the prop to a 18 pitch, same diameter and with two adults and the live well full, it will get up on plane within 15 to 20 seconds. Top speed is only 45 at 5500 rpm’s.

Maybrfd
we have a 2019 V19 combo that we use at lakes between 6300 and 9000 ft. it came with the 175 xs pro and a 19 pitch prop. I changed the prop to a 18 pitch, same diameter and with two adults and the live well full, it will get up on plane within 15 to 20 seconds. Top speed is only 45 at 5500 rpm’s.
I'll have to measure time to plane. I know I lost some top end about 5mph, with the tail, but it does come out a lot quicker, especially under load. Top end without live well water and fish is about 38; drops to about 31-33mph with load. Also, for obvious reasons, cannot trim as much with the tail. Thx for the feedback on prop.

They did tell me the wire was never plugged in for the fuel gauge from the factory and that it is a common problem with these boats.

I work in QC at a FCA facility

If the fuel gauge being left loose is a common problem a quick glance during prep would be a step toward good customer service.

I wonder how much of the stuff you had problems with "should" have been caught by the dealer. Since you're in the automotive industry you're familiar with "PDI" inspections that dealers are supposed to do to new cars. (GM calls it "Pre Delivery Inspection" other brands may call it something else)

I'm pleased with my Tracker but my trolling motor battery wasn't hooked up when I got it home. No big deal, but that should have been part of the prep.

I wonder how much stuff the factory does, and how much the dealers service department does.

If the fuel gauge being left loose is a common problem a quick glance during prep would be a step toward good customer service.

I wonder how much of the stuff you had problems with "should" have been caught by the dealer. Since you're in the automotive industry you're familiar with "PDI" inspections that dealers are supposed to do to new cars. (GM calls it "Pre Delivery Inspection" other brands may call it something else)

I'm pleased with my Tracker but my trolling motor battery wasn't hooked up when I got it home. No big deal, but that should have been part of the prep.

I wonder how much stuff the factory does, and how much the dealers service department does.
I had to wait 6 months for my V19 combo. I expected items to be missed. It's common for any production line put into high speed to catch up on back orders to miss items. All in all I'm very impressed with how little they have missed.

Sorry for the delay in responding, been working long hours and when not at work I'm out on the water looking for yellow perch. All in all I'm I'm pressed with the boat. Haven't had it loaded down heavy yet. Normally it's the wife and I but with the live well full (rear) ice for the fish and ice for the drinks she can get on plane in about 10-15 seconds. She can run 52 loaded up as stated above but with running Shell premium at $4.79 a gallon I tend to run her around 3500 rpms, that seems to be her sweet spot.

As for factory verses dealer, PDI includes adding the batteries for the trolling motor going over the boat and checking that all components are installed and working correctly. Adding any customer added accessories. The dealership is the final stop gap before the customer takes the boat. And from the sounds of it niter one of them are doing a good job of it.

Latest posts

Back