Motor guide install

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave D

Reaction score
Well, upgraded my motorguide from the 46# pro to the 82# tour. Hopefully for the installation i did'nt bite off more than i can chew. Wondering if any one has done this on a 189 sport and should i be attempting this myself or getting a shop to do this. Don't know if drilling is required or if i can mount to the existing plate. Any help or comments would be appreciated. Thx

P.s. as well it is a new boat as of last june therefore hesitant to drill holes in her.

UPDATE- bracket lined up perfectly on old mount. Very happy about that. Then went to put the motor on but couldn't get the bracket over the shaft(unbeleivable) wondering if theres a trick to this. Thought it would have been pretty straight forward. Anyone know for first time if it needs to be connected vertically. Hopefully not a dud.

Should be vertical to get mounted. When it is horizontal it is under pressure so it doesn't bounce around.

Latest posts

Back