Vhf Radio Install Power Wiring

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Parish

Reaction score
Total newb to installing or upgrading any electronics on my boat. I have a Tracker Targa V-19 and will be installing a Cobra MR F-45D VHF. The power wires that came with the unit are quite short. I am not sure if there is existing wiring I can splice into under the console or if there is a terminal block under there I can connect to. Or maybe I need to run dedicated extension cable from the battery up to the console just for the radio. There is no guidance in the installation instructions...I think there is a level of competence in dealing with marine electronics assumed that I don't possess. Any advice or pointers is much appreciated!

Just find a 12v source is all you need. There is a fuse block under the console where you can connect it to. No problem with extending the power wires. There will be both a Red and Black heavy gauge (#10) wires supplying the fuse block that comes from the battery that's where you need to connect the wires to.

Latest posts

Back