Mom's day.....Mom does it again!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Took my mom out fishing on Saturday for her mother's day gift. That's what she usually likes. Bob and Buzz can tell you, my mom likes to fish. Anyhow, I had taken my uncle (mom's older brother) out last weekend and "taught" him about that jig n pig. He told a buddy and the buddy didn't believe how many fish we caught, so wanted to tag along this weekend following in his boat.

So I take mom and we go to the river, and there is Uncle Steve and his buddy Joe, and Joe's teenage son Matt show up with a Magna 17 with a 110 'rude on the back. I tried to film real quick for you guys, for the video, but Mom didn't get the hang of the camera and I wanted her to fish anyway. Well Mom does better in OPEN water than cover! LOL

So we ran across to my famous "flats" and went smallie fishing. My uncle is this macho guy that likes to pick. He's nice about it, but mom kicked his @$$ royally! It was awesome. Every time I turned around, she had another fish on. In about 2 hours, she boated 17 nice toads, and my uncle only got 6 or 7 in the boat right next to us, with the SAME bait. I gave each of them one. In fact she out fished ME. Of course, all I was doing was taking HER fish off. I could barely get a cast in edgewise! LOL At one point they had a double and my uncle had a big fish. Well so did my mom. Her's was about 1" shorter, but I could tell by the girth, she had him beat. He swore up and down it wasn't so until we put them on the scales.

Uncle Steve's = 3.9 lbs

Mom's = 4.2 lbs!

Haaaa....and his buddy is going to tell EVERYONE where my uncles works that he got served by his little sister! My mom had a blast and that's what was the best.

Michelle and the kids came out and met us later for an hour and I let the kids real in some largemouth. I will post pics for everyone later this week when I get them developed. My unlce would NOT let me take pics with his digital. Guess he didn't want any permanent record....too bad I had my own camera! LOL

Latest posts

Back