Mom is now deployed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well all, for those who have followed, thanks for your support. My boy and I took my mom back to Ft. Dix in NJ this past weekend after her last leave. They had a family day on Saturday with a 2 star general, the USO (miss 2005 was.....SWEEEET!) a 3 piece Army band and the works. It was quite emotional. The general said it was the largest family turn out for a unit of that size that he had ever seen.

We got to say our good byes to my mom as she was to fly out that night. They weren't able to fly out commercial but rather from McGuire AirForce base right next door on a C1 along with the Bravo co and their infantry. Because of that (being on a military plane) they had to fly in full battle gear, DCU's flack jacket, helmet, with rucksack and the works....for 24 hours worth of flight. They went from NJ to Ireland, Ireland to Budapest Hungary, and then on to Afganistan. She should have arrived there sometime during last night. We are waiting to hear from her and get her new post address. She will be the postal supervisor for that unit, responsible for making sure that all the soldiers get their mail and packages, (no small task in a war theater) and it is VERY important for morale. She will be there for at least 18 months, but plans on finally retiring when she gets home. She's been in the service for 25 years.

What really struck me while there was that the WHOLE time, night and day, 7 days a week, you can hear the jets landing and leaving McGuire's flight line bringing new troops in to train for deployment, shipping them out overseas, and bringing some home finally.

Remember our troops everyone. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but be sure to remember them daily, as they remember us daily and serve and sacrifice daily. And remember those that will never come home alive. It makes OUR problems seem irrelevant.

Are prayers are daily Rob,

My son was home for a couple of weeks doing recuiting so he didn't have to give up any acummalated leave.With him came a Marine freash out of boot. He had ten day leave,to see the to of them together in their uniforms made me very proud to say the least.You see that other Marine was a friend of Mike's and got him tosign up the last time Mike was home.His parents are proud of him as well.

Mark

Best of luck and THANK YOU!

Mini

Tell her thanks for me Rob.

I was traveling over the weekend and I can tell you. Someone in uniform is treated WAY differently from the days when I traveled in uniform in an airport. People patting them on the back, waving, etc. Made me feel good.

fatrap

Be sure to post her address Rob so we can all send her a little "Thinking of you Card". Jim

Godspeed Mom Lamoy.

Thank you from my whole family,and my family for generations yet to come.

Let us know when she get's her feet back into our good ol' dirt back home.

Steve

Rob,

Please send your ma our best!! I have a buddy that in afganistan now, email me her location and I will let you know where he is.

Carlos

Rob,

In my new functions here I've gained a new appreciation for the troops. I'm responsible for Fire Safety of the Canadian mil home and abroad. Although I don't have the time to visit our Firefighters in our camp in Afghanistan, I do want to visit in theater whenever I get a good opportunity. God Bless

Pierre

Rob, your mom rocks! May she be blessed while she is away and return home safely.

Tell her thank you for doing what she does she is vital to us....

T.S.

Rob...

She is the finest... Our prayers are with you and your whole family...

Best to your Mom. Our prayers with be with her and your family.

Bubby

my buddy just got back after 16 months in country.he was a computer network specalist.spent time in iraq and kuait.

the camel spiders are good things,they kill scorpions.the lizzards are cool also,get them young enough they are like dogs as pets.gets cold at night for about 4 hrs,then goes up in temp.

We'll keep her in out T&P's bigdog,.....she rocks!!

God Bless her and every other American Soldier....men and women alike!!

Mac

I wish her the best and you must feel greatly honored. The people in our armed services do so much for our country, and they deserve the highest respect.

Latest posts

Back