Update on my Mom and thanks everyone

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Guys, thanks for all the well wishes you posted on the other thread. It really means a lot and i appreciate it more then you know. It just proves again what a great community we have here with a bunch of great people.

So here is the latest on my Mom. The biopsy she had on her lymph node came back negative so she went in for surgery yesterday to remove the tumor from her lung. She had whats called a lobectomy and they removed the lower half of her right lung. The doctor said it all went as expected and he also mentioned that the lymph nodes they took out with the lung also looked clear. Once they pathology comes back on the tumor itself and the lymph nodes they removed he will know exactly what it is and develop a treatment plan based on that.

Right now she is in the ICU recovering and is doing really well. She looked better and healither last night than she did before the surgery. She says she feels really good and she has some energy too which is amazing concidering she had a 4+ hour surgery. The plan right now is 2 days in ICU and few more days in a regular room to recover then she can come home.

So for now she needs to heal up and once we know what the prognosis is from the doctor we can go from there. Just taking it one step at a time.

Great news! Hope the recovery from surgery goes well and the biopsy results show an easily treatable cancer (if there really is such a thing). Prayers sent anyway!

Awesome news, :wub: .....I need that,...today's been like getting stuck in a hot phone booth with a sweaty politician named Weiner!!:blink::angry:

That's very encouraging! Glad to hear it.

Quite a relief for you and your family. I will keep your mom, dad and you in my thoughts and prayers and please let me know if there is anything I can do. I am traveling through Wednesday but will be around during the July 4th holiday if you need any shuttling, cooking or a friendly face to drop by. Bill, the Madkayaker

Jim,

Please forgive me for not being here to send you best wishes earlier.. As of right now my wife and I will be saying prayers and sending best wishes to your Mom in the hope she'll have a complete recovery!!!

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back