Mini Rally ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Allright all you procrastinators....the info I have (and it's the word) is that the smallies at Dale will be off the beds by next week and it will be ON my friends!

Any takers?

Lemme know and we'll hook up for some fantastic fishing on the most beautiful lake on Earth;)

Teri? Dragon? Tox? Sim?

Hey Tee,

I leave in the morning for a tourney at Laurel River and the following week I have one as well at Indian Lake so maybe next time!

Tight Lines,

The Dragon :cool:

Dude, would love to, but with the MVM trip next month and the fuel it is going to take to get up there and to keep 3 boats on the water, I'm afraid I'm tapped out. Well, I'm assuming I'm gonna be tapped out!!:lol: Shoot, I don't even fun fish much anymore because of the price of gas. Either I am getting paid to fish or the boat stays at home. I will make it down there though......eventually :p

TOXIC

I had to look....afterall my name is on it. :)

I see no reason to go to Dale Tee. I have the best of the best in my backyard!

I have turned down FREE Canada fly-in trips before. Why go anywhere else in the world in April, May, June, July, August, Sept, Oct and even Nov????

Oh I know. At least 8 months out of the year!

Allright...that'll be enough of rubbin' in my face:angry::lol:

Maybe me and my buddy Carl can split gas and make it up there Mini.

Let me know Tee. We can get Neeley to take his BARELY used Skeeter out too....maybe! lol

Man, I'd love to Tee but it's just too far.. Heck, the corner store is just about too far for me now.:rolleyes: I'd really love to fish Dale Hollow and meet you and I'd also love to join Mac, Mini, Tox, Carlos, etc..at Mini's back yard and fish that water and meet those guys!! I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to do either one and that's half killing me...<big sigh> Maybe, just maybe some other time Tee..

Uncle Billy

St. Clair is definately an experience. Good friends make it all the better. The first year CIII and I went up I told him..."Big smallies are fisherman's crack, you do it one time and your hooked. You'll always be looking for your next fix!!" On the way home he looked at me and said "Man, now I know what you mean....can't wait till next year." I don't care if gas was $10 a gallon, I have a feeling we would still be heading North in the spring:lol:

TOXIC

If I do make it up there...you boys better not let me on your $hi+ because it'll be all over but, your cryin'!:lol:

UNK....QUIT making excuses! LIFE IS TOO SHORT!

Mini...email me your # dude;)

Email sent. Let me know if you get it! I sent it from my phone and if my home computer reboots for some reason (windows updates) it wont go through.

Did ya get it?

Your right about life being to short Tee, but there are circumstances beyond our control that can truly elongate or shorten our life span and I don't wish to shorten mine. Whereas there are many reasons I can't get up to where you are to fish (I'll bring a teachers note if necessary), I don't think there is really any reason you can't meet up with Mac, Mini, Toxic and Carlos and have the time of you life!!!

What did you say? "IF, I do get up there." and then you accusing me of making excuses??

It seems you make the same as I do?

I'm not yelling at you Tee but I am a little disappointed in your yelling at me! I do what I can, excuses have no part in it! Maybe expressing feelings on this site isn't the way to go!

Bill

Uncle Billy... How about we load you up on "meds" and send you up DHL... They brag that they take real good care of the cargo... I would never let you go on any US commercial airline... they lose luggage on non-stop trips (ever wonder how they can do that?) Man there has got to be a way to get you out fishing... Seriously, have you thought about riding on a toon with a "good" chair... Heck, with Mac sworn off the Naugathongs... there are plenty of naugahyde recliners around again... We'd look like the Redneck Queen Mary... A "toon" with recliners on the bow! We could tie up to Mini's "chit" by the Neeley Memorial Bouy and fish till we ran out of beer...

See you someday my brother before we both fade to black like a bad scene in the Sopranos...

Thanks Greg.. Hey, I AM loaded up on meds every day!:wacko: Heck, the first pill I take every day is Morphine. There are a bunch of guys up here that are more than willing to take me fishing but one of my big problems is driving anywhere to even meet them. That's why I can make the Not So Memorial on Lake Anna, Bruce Freeman, Bless Him, goes out of his way to pick me up and deliver me to where I'm supposed to be.:D Jim Chen has offered to come to me and help get my boat ready and then we could fish here. More than a couple of other's, CIII and Toxic just for two, has offered to meet me at one of the ramps on the Maryland side of the Potomac. I just have to be able to get there. I'm not yelling at Tee but I am getting tired of those who think that I'm "making excuses" NOT to go fishing! Now, why in the heck would I do that??

Uncle Billy

Unk...you always have a seat in my boat. You just have to let us know when you feel well enough to get out. Bill has a pontoon boat on the hot side and I would be willing to pilot it if necessary (and he agrees to using it). I think that offer has been made before and is still open, you just say when.

TOXIC

Hey Tox... You still coming out to Wisconsin?

This year I would likem to get you out on Winnebago and try for some Walleye. I think I can get a couple of friends to come up with our boats and get you and TJ and others out for some good fish.

The first FLW Walleye League event was held in Winneconne this past Saturday. 99 Boats... 36 casught at least one fish... That is a tough day! Second Place ($3500) went to two guys (as I understand the story as told to me) that had no fish 30 minutes or so before the weigh-in. They were like a lot of teams, tired of fighting wind (25-30+mph) and cold (30 degrees). They pulled up and headed n to the weigh-in site. Had a few minutes so they started jigging right under the Winneconne Bridge just off the channel. Bang! Pulled a 7-10 Walleye that was good enough for send place with just the one fish. First was just over ten pounds. Only six limits.

The MWS was on the same water the next day with similar results. 112 teams and only 42 weighed at least one fish.

Hopefully it will be a little better later in the year.

Yessir I am. And I am not that excited about fishing the whole time on the chain. Last year I pretty much figured them out and caught every fish 2 or 3 times:lol::lol: Was thinking about throwing for some Musky or going after some eyes. Problem is that there is no trolling on the lake.

I'll be there Friday July 25th through Saturday August 2nd. Then I head North to the upper lower peninsula Of Michigan to meet Mac and his family in a cottage we rented on Crystal Lake. I'm gona put a lot of miles on the truck this year!!

TOXIC

Tox,

Just got off the phone with another Walleye tourney guy. He has a place on the East side of Winnebago. We are thinking about dragging you and TJ 50 miles up the road to Green Bay. In July it should be pretty good for walleyes. Would you be interested? You would not need to bring your boat over and TJ could probably figure a way to "car pool" with you from the little lake to Green Bay.

You would have (possibly) a chance at soe really impressive fish. 6-8lbs are "normal" and 10 is routinely possible (usually one out of five or six will go 9-10lbs). And, most of us have registered our personal best out of the bay... 12-13lbs! You could get a wall mountable walleye.

oooohhhhhh yeah, I'm definatly interested. DEFINATATLYYYYYY:lol::lol: This could be a wall mount year for me...going for a 6lb+ smallie on St Clair. Ver y possible if we hit the spawn right. If I crack that mark, I'm gonna take a bunch of measurements and pics, then wait till I meet Mac because there's a good chance for a 7+ up north. I'll take the better of the 2!!:lol: Then a wall walleye....might just as well shoot me because my life is complete!! What's a wall size eye anyway? I mean one you would consider a true trophy??

TOXIC

Look here at the photos of the "Ten Pound Club"

Man, look at those fish! I think if I saw one of those on the end of my line I'd have

a heart attack trying to get him in.:wacko::eek: Still Greg, the first picture that came

up, the one with the little girl, is my favorite!:)

Toxic, thanks my friend.. I know all I have to do is ask and you don't know how much that means to me.. I don't think I need the Pontoon yet though.:unsure:

Uncle Billy

In 2004 we had a fantastic tournament, everyone was catching great fish, at Green Bay, Wisconsin. We brought in 4 fish that weighed 30-10. The smallest was a 2-14, so the other three weighed just under 28lbs total...do the math... a 9 lb average! We had tossed back a 7lb+ in the early morning and at least three over 6lbs. We finished 10th and 1st place was over 38lbs for four fish. Green Bay is an unbelieveable fishery. And, as good as it is... look through those photos and you will see MONSTERS coming from the Columbia River. But, Green Bay, especially Little and Big Bay de Noc in November (on the North end of Green Bay) produces a lot of 11-13lb fish. Imagine boating over 20 walleyes like that in one night of 6-7 hours (midnight to dawn).

Go Tox. Green Bay is possibly the best walleye fishery year round in the world. Incredible smallmouth and musky too. Ranks right up there with St Clair!

Latest posts

Back