2010 MVM - our BEST ever!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Man what a weekend!! Our 7th annual "Michigan-Virginia Mafia" Toadfest proved to be our best ever!! We had 6 days of GREAT weather and only 1/2 day of rain (of the days I was there anyway!!..LOL) The weather was in the 80's and low winds kept the lake flat for the most part except for the holiday weekend traffic. That brought back our fondest memories of crushed vertebra and cracked gelcoat! Everybody caught a BUNCH of fish...some boats were in the 60+ per day range.....I "think" the biggest smallie of the weekend was around 5.5lbs...but if a 6 was caught I need pix's!! LOL Teri had a absolute riot this year,..fishing in every boat and with every person atleast once.(Except Neeley,..LOL!!) She is sooo fun to fish with...eager to learn..never a dull moment,..and she can hang with the best of us and handle a rod, reel, and bait as good as anybody!! What a great addition to the GANG!!

Here are a few pix's from Carlos's camera...we'll get more posted as they show up!! Mini's got some on his camera,..Teri has some on her's and there's probably more somewhere!! Sunday, we had the families out for a big Q,..and a little much deserved R&R for the pm.!! BBQ'd chicken, wings, burgers, brats, shrimp and big ol' king crab legs kept us energized all week...it was tough,..but every year it seems to get easier to deal with that degree of hedonism!! :wub:

MVM10-10.jpg

MVM10-6.jpg

MVM10-2.jpg

MVM10-4.jpg

MVM10-12.jpg

MVM10-11.jpg

Those are some huge smallies... Cool pics...

The pix of me and Tox holding the 2 fish,...those 2 came off of the same rock (w/a bed nearby) on the same cast!!..LOL...I caught mine and told Tox,.."There's another one with it,....catch it!" He flipped a bait over to it and WHAM! :rolleyes: I love it when a plan comes together and ends up in digital format!!:wub:

Here's a pix of me taking Kathy and Jamie out for a ride after our Memorial Day BBQ...on the way back to the dock Kathy asked me,.."How fast will this boat go??"...I said,.."65 or so"...she said,.."How fast were we going??"...I said,.."@35-40". She said..."OH MY GOD!!...I thought we WERE GOING 65!!"...sheeesh...women!!:rolleyes: (BTW,..Jamie would LOVED to have gone 65!!):wub:

MVM10-9.jpg

As always fun was had by all :)

Who is driving my boat in that pic????

AWESOME pics!! I was just going to email y'all this morning and see how it was. Looks like everyone had a BLAST!! You all deserved this R&R and having the weather accomodate just makes it all that much better. Looking forward to more pics to soothe my itch as I count down to Lac Seul. Way to go gang!!:D

BTW I dumped my camera card to CIII's laptop.

Mini,....some stone drunk homeless dude we picked up at the end of the dock by Brown's wanted to drive your boat,...so I let him!:rolleyes::cool:

I'm driving it ya jack-nut!! I'm hidden behind Jonathon!!

I thought that homeless guy looked familiar! He is about the only one you can hide behind! lol

Oh contraire Twiggy,......I would've had a much better tan if you didn't block so much sun the day I fished with you!!:p

Holy crap.....still recovering.

And Mac....i missed the opportunity to fish with Teri this year...probably due to the hospital stay. :(

I didnt get to fish with Tox ot CIII.....I say we start all over :)

I'm with Mini.....I'll meet you at the island at 5:30

Just wondering why there aren't any pictures of my **** posted???

By the way, I haven't smoked or said the F bomb since I left....bad influences you are!!:p

I would've posted your CHIT if you would've sent it to me!!..LOL NICE fish!! I didn't even see those pix's!!:eek:

Even "Gene the Fishing Machine" made it over on Tuesday for the day......and as usual..he was jerkin' toads within' minutes of his arrival!!:cool:

MVM10-13.jpg

Keep those fantastic smallie pics coming guys and gal!!

Just one question from viewing your pic dates Mac. How was there room in the DeLorean for you with Doc and Marty in there? Did you have to straddle the flux capacitor?? :lol::lol::lol:;):D

His camera didn't come with either a 'pen' or a reel handle, so he really doesn't know how to operate it (i.e. -> Read the instructions).

Of course, Mac thinks that a 'point and shoot' camera is simply mounted on a rifle!

:D:rolleyes::p

Tex

LOL Dan, thats some nice looking water for Febuary.

Those are from Carlos' camera. I noticed it on his facebook page.

And yes, the date is wrong.

Someone should have told me that was Gene near you guys when I pulled up on Tuesday eve.....

Sorry Gene.

No problem Mini, I left for the day right after you pulled away. Good to see you, although very briefly. :)

That was an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!! Thanks for lettin me tag along everyone. Glad to hear Teri finally made it.

I had 42 or 43 that I landed and another 7 that came off at the boat. That was the best time I've had fishing in a long time. Thanks again! It was great seeing everyone again.

Man, I'm getting a bit of a gut, must be the angle. ;):D

Gene

I was looking at the first picture of the gang at the top....

Carlos could be the poster boy for Coppertone SPF50..."it really works!" :lol:

My nipples got sunburned through my shirt....or was that from Tox twisting 'em?!?

I was wonderin when somebody was gonna break out the pics. CIII is going to compile everybody's and send them out on disk. There are a lot more. We had an uneventful drive back to VA, I am here until Sunday then head out for the long drive back south. I'm gonna wait for the CD to pick the ones I post. Like always, there are some pics and stories that will never make campfire talk!!:p Needless to say, a fanfrickintastic time was had by all.

Teri is the new TP Queen (please be fair and share a square).

Found a way to teach mini's wife how to introduce him (if he ever gets married).

Snuck into a hospital with CIII John Belushi style (thanks Ken).

Mac gave me a new Ninja name (Angry Brown Spider).

Learned not to jump on CIII's deck lids (wore a titanium eye patch for a day just to be safe).

Figured out the reason Gene only comes out for 1 day. He lets us do all the leg work then comes out and poaches our fish. I let him slide because most of his were caught on SPRO cranks. CIII's go to bait was a SPRO Little John in Cell Mate, he WHACKED them.

Learned how to remove a hook in past the barb on a pinky finger (not mine thank GOD!!)

Found out that Neeley can't count to 3......but he can know the exact number and species of fish everybody caught in a day.

Determined that it is not wise to lip a smallie that has been hooked from the outside in on the lower jaw. Either that or that smallie was carrying a switchblade and used it on my thumb.

Found out that women do strange things when you wear a pink fuzzy hat into a bar. Come to think of it, so did the men. Must be a Michigan thing.

All told I have enough fodder to tell stories for another year. It was a great time and I am looking forward to next year already. This was my first time on the water this year. Hopefully when I get back to Florida, there will be some Southern Strain big heads in my future!!

TOXIC

I learned to hide a roll of toilet paper somewhere other than the bathroom when staying with all guys because they must eat it while they sit in there!

I plan on driving my Camero Convertable up for the day next spring..I want to see If It's really true BWHAHAHAH Glad you had great weather..Really hot here...JR

Dude....Visiting hours are not until 10am. There was no way we were going to give up a morning of fishing just because you went WWII on yer stupid arse.:lol::lol: Mac stood guard on the gear while we went hut hut hut hut hut from post to wall sneaking by the orderlies and nurses. :p:lol:

Still think I shoulda stole yer clothes and the nurse wouldn't take 20 bucks to do a barium enema, I tried.

TOXIC

Oh my gosh that is some funny stuff!!!

I must have been totally out of it because all I remember is you guys being there for a a second and you asking for my clothes!!! Bwaahaaahaa

No need to give up fishing, but if I wouldn't have survived you damn sure better have made it to the funeral....boats in tow and smelling like bass!!!

Great time ya'all. You folks are the best.

more pics to follow, I will post the ones that can be posted to facebook with DVD to follow to those not on facebook.

No kidding, great time ya'all.

Life is good

Semper Fi my friends

CArlos

LOL Tox, My momma only raised 2 dummies.....they were both girls! ;):lol:

I should try to do an overnight next year, then I'd be able to spend some time with everyone. It's hard to really talk and get to know people when the fish won't leave your lines alone. :)

We just checked out the pix on Mac's facebook page. Very cool! I may have to try to get down there again this summer and hook up with some of you again. It's only an hour and 45 minutes to get there.(My math was clouded CIII when I said it was only an hour and 20 minutes. :)) Maybe I could find my some of my own Chit and let Mini fish it. :lol: I had a great time and I thank you again for lettin' me hang with you.

Gene

I have burned the pictures to DVD, will send out Monday. I have also posted them on my facebook page too.

The trip was a great time, totally fun all the way around.

Thanks!

Carolos....u have official permission to post my hospital pic in thus thread

As Mini said.....one breath from death

Hey Roomie...

You have a black fly relapse.... details... I assume you are okay...

Dan and Tex,..you knuckleheads!! That's not my camera...that was C's!! LOL I turned the date setting OFF on my camera when I use it, so I don't end up with pix's taken in JUNE with a JANUARY date on'em!! :lol::blink:

I do that to throw folks off..that way you really do nto know the time or place we caught them :)

What did you guys do to Neeley???

They tried to gas me mustard style like WWII....so I wouldn't catch all the toads!!!

I will find out in a week or so how much permanent lung damage....I was one breath from death....but recuperating now.

I will keep y'all posted.

Dude SERIOUSLY lung problems??? I knew you guys were a danger to each other's livers, but DANG!!

Neeley,...if you ever needed ANOTHER reason to quit smoking, (you too Mini!!)..you just got it!!:(:huh::blink:

But,...being the NINJA that you are,...only you could inhale chlorine gas on Weds,...and be fishing again by Friday!:eek: ...and I'll say it again...you SCARED the crap out of us!!:angry:

Smitty,....we missed you this year!! Hope all was well at the cabin upnorth!! Next year you need to come out for a couple nights if you can.....hopefully we'll get that other house further up the channel and we'll have LOTS of room!! :rolleyes:

Ken, I remember hearing a comment about the hospital but, I figured it was something minor since you were fishing and seemed ok. I hope all is well when you get your results back.

Gene

NICE TOAD MAC!! Glad y'all made it back to the future also!! :lol: At least back then you could smack MONSTER brownies AND languish in the knowledge of a country led by a real CNC. :D

Neeley - Dude, take care of yourself. Unless you're into the reincarnation deal, enjoy AND prolong this time around for the ones you love and the rest of us!! ;)

Neeley really did scare the crap out of us....scary shiznet man, scary!

Mac, that is the consumate MVM GQ picture. You are in a nice shirt, a belt, cell phone, shades, a kicking watch.

Look at me, tee shirt with a hook in my finger! Neeley is some scary hospital garb, Hammer in camo?? HAHAHAH Teri in her butt kicking shirt (BTW I love that shirt!), and Gene looking cool and very late for dinner!

Life is good my friends

I was hammerin toads at my cabin..hoppin from bed to bed pickin em off..wife came out a few times too and got some with the rod u customized for her..she had a ball..!

Excellent, Smitty!!! Tell Cheryl that I can touch it up or add more "mojo" to it if it ever lets her down!!;):rolleyes:

Good thing Carlos didnt mention anything about my clothes.

I think Teri said it best....my "daisy dukes" in the kitchen....lol

but notice that there isnt a single picture of me....lots of MY FISH though

:)

That's a sight I can live without! ;):) I may have to re-think possibly doing an overnight next time. :p

Gene

Gene,..it's not he "night" part that's shocking...(other than the tri-fecta of snoring)...it's the morning fashion show in the kitchen that's questionable!:lol::blink:

I think Teri said it best....my "daisy dukes" in the kitchen....lol

I just threw up in my mouth a 'lil bit! :eek::lol::lol::lol::p;) J/K

Wait'll they get a load of me in a classic flowered Luau chirt, raggedy chorts and my Jimmy Buffet flippity flops. :blink: I'll UPS y'all a big box of TUMS and Pepto up first before I get there!! :lol:

Here's a couple pix's of some of the chow we had to choke down during our festivus!!

mvmchow.jpg

mvmchow2.jpg

I think I will get some more.....:)

That's why we'll never turn this into a rally!!:p When the number of people inreases,...the quality of the chow decreases!:eek:

The chow was awesome! You northern folk know how to frikin cook!!

Me, I can eat and clean ;-):wub:

I was lucky enough to eat crab legs 2 nights in a row. YUM! These boys can cook!

I just looked thru the CD of pictures....there are several of me doing dishes....so p!ss off to those (MINI) that said I didn't do crap! I'd still make a great wife, I don't care what you say!:p

Hell yeah you'd make a great wife,...especially when it came to talking you into buyin a bassboat, new truck, and more fishing chit!!:wub::wub::lol:

Mac, have Kath send me her pics...the pink hat is classic according to Deanna. I want the group one to frame. Who is going to post Jonathon's butt-crack!!:lol::lol::lol:...or are we gonna blackmail so he will rip us off baits from his old man? :eek::p

TOXIC

PS....tell Gordy he's p-whipped!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

NO PINK HATS and NO BUTT CRAX!!!:angry: We have to have some resemblance of maturity don't we???...LOL!!!

Teri - I took those pics just to document the momentous occasion :)

And yes you would make a great wife! You even know how to mount a trolling motor! That is if I were looking for a wife....

Carlos - I got the DVD and promptly put it in my PS3 to view on the HDTV.....thanks brother!

Tox - I need to get another pink hat....I had a few friends that were at the bar asking me about you....I told em not to worry. You were a corn fed, federal employee that lives in Virginia, worked in Florida and throws his Wong around....I think they placed you on the sexual predator list here in Michigan :)

Already looking forward to next year! And I will be taking the entire time off (God willing I still have a job!)

Latest posts

Back