Fishing at Cumberland in KY July 21-23, anyone want to join??

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Gang - Well i'm gonna go visit Mr. and Mrs. Backwaters for a long weekend in July to sweat and try to catch a smallie!! Looks like Dan Nevill will be joining me, and Tony suggested Lake Cumberland as a good place w/in reasonable driving distance. My plan is to leave after work on Thurs and fish Fri AM/PM, Sat AM/PM and Sun AM driving back to Atlanta around noon on Sun.

Anyone want to come out and make it a mini-Rally?? I understand it will probably be swealtering during the heat of the day, and Tony says the night bite is great, so i'll adjust. But need to try a new place, get away and see if I can hook a decent smallie!!

We have not yet figure out where we'll sleep, since the Sim's are close to 2 hours each way away, but any suggestions??

Trep

This is not special or anything, kinda stuck in the 50's but cheap and good enough.

http://www.lakecumberlandlodging.com/

I may join in for some night smallie action, I will check my schedule.

You're gonna like Tony for sure and he will be a great guide for your trip. Clark

Trep,

Are you bringing the family or going on a hardcore fishing excursion with Dan? Pinehurst is where I usually stay. There may be somewhere else, Tony may know. Feel free to email me and I will give you my cell if you need any details on Pinehurst or anything else.

Have you been keeping up with the FLW series tournament on Cumberland? Check out those smallmouth pics. I have been wanting to do some more of the night smallie fishing. Last year was my first time. I went one night and loved how they hit a spinnerbait at night.

Clark

Clark - Hardcore FISHING with Dan and Tony, Wife and boys will be at her sisters for a week!! So rustic, rat infested but with aircondioning and a place to park/charge the boat works, nothing fancy for the guys!

Jeff and Clark - would be great to meet you guys on the water while were up there.

i may try to get away to come down and fish with ya

Steve ><}}}}'>

Hey Trep

You run up here to S.W. Iowa and I'll jump in with you and split the gas for the trip back down there. Can't be more than a 1000 miles out of your way, You think?

fatrap

That can't be too far from Nashville. Too bad I can't plan that far in advance.

Teri - we have to almost drive through Nashville to get there, when we get closer we'll see if we can Convoy!! Of course I don't know if you want to be seen in traffic with your LR3 near a minivan!!! LOL

Trep,

No on the Rats but yes on the rest. The whole Jamestown area just seems a little back in time. Nothing wrong with that of course. I haven't seen it all by no means. I am usually so sleepy from the lack of sleep every time I have been there from fishing so hard. I do have a deep love for the area and I think you will too after you have been there. Clark

This is gonna be good....

There's more than one way to skin a Smallie at nite on the big C... Just get here all rested up and ready to fish.

Hard part about that time of year is daytime lake traffic... but as we talked Trep, I have a couple of other ideas nearby to handle that.

I have no real knowledge of accomidations down that way... I always make the runs back and forth.

Giggity Giggity!

MAN after today's fishing and the vacations I have the next few months (2 weeks at my mom's in AZ with a 5 day Grand Canyon trip in the middle, then a week just the wife and I for our 15th anniversary while my boys are in sleep away camp) and THEN this trip!!! WOO HOO what a great 39th year!!!

I'm ready Sim, now all ya gotta do is A) pick a ramp, so we can tell all these lovely folks where to meet us and B) tell me WHAT I need to buy and rig for smallies!!!

Back