Military Service

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Eder2

Reaction score
Well on this Memorial weekend I'd like to thank all the other veterans out there and I'd like to see everybody post their military history. United States Navy Seabees NMCB 62 1975-1980

No military history here. However I like to thank everyone who has served, and those serving now.

Bubby:)

US Navy Electronic Warfare Technician 1987-2008. Served on LHA-2, CGN-40, DD-978 and CVN-69.

All the best,

Glenn

Please remember all those who have passed on while defending our great country.

All the best,

Glenn

US Army, the 8th Signal Battalion, 8th Infantry Division Mar 1960 to Apr 1962. Most of that time was at Bad Kreuznach, West Germany.

No time served. Had an appointment to the Air Force Academy.......failed physical due to a hearing problem. But I tried!!

No history personally, but I would like to thank my son Kevin, who served on the carrier Nimitz, and my niece, Melissa, who served on the carrier Abraham Lincoln, along with all those who have served, and are serving now, and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, and thank you to all military families also...........

Ah yes..those were the days!

U. S Navy, Naval Security Group. 69-73

Army Reserve, Army Security Agency 73-84

Overseas: Japan, Morocco, Korea,

Served at the National Security Agency (NSA) Cold War wasn't all that cold!

Served in the U.S. ARMY 1963 - 1969

1st Cavalry Division (Airborne, Air Assualt, Airmobile) Viet Nam 1965-1966 and 1968-1969

Lucky enough to be in the same division on both tours

1988 - 2008 Retired Maj USAF - Nurse

Thank you to everyone who served or who had a loved one serve. Happy Memorial Day!!

Sgt. US Army 1963-1969 Called Back 1975-1975 Was Everywhere Started with the first Cav..Ended with Probably still classified...Grandson Is In now following the family Tradition. Stationed @ Ft Campbell Jumping most everyday Giving some training or some other bs was at Ft Lewis..Gettting ready to go to Afganastan with 101st..

For sure troops now get better treatment than they did In my day..Glad America finally got there head out of there ass, All Troops deserve a big hearted Thank You.:)

Also Thank You to the Familys of the troops and all that they went thru and are going thru... JR

Active duty AF Security Forces in south Georgia from 86-90, then Air National Guard in Florida from 90-2001. Mobilized for two years after Sept 11, spent a few months in the desert. Managed to stay on orders after that with the Air National Guard headquarters at Andrews AFB, looking to stay on for a few more years to get a full retirement.

I'm thankful everyday to be able to serve this country, and want to thank all who came before me.

A big thanks to the parents on here who raised children who are willing to serve also. My son is medically deferred, but I can understand the sacrifice it takes to send your kids.

Thanks to all our veterans, their families and all our supportive Americans!

U.S. Army, 1985 - Present: Germany (85-89, 90-94) Fort Lewis, Fort Stewart, Fort Benning, Fort Jackson, Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Kosovo, Korea and other places I can't remember! God Bless the USA :D

USMC 1967-1971...O-3 (Capt) The greatest honor and biggest responsibility I have ever had was to command Marines in combat. Semper Fi and I miss them all...

fatrap / cqbaker,

Do you see all the "shore duty" these guys had? :lol:

Just joking guys. I appreciate and admire all my brothers and sisters from all the services.

Thanks again to all that have served, are serving, will be serving, or that support our service men and women.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn

When I was on the Oiler all I seen of land was 20 hours worth to fill the tanks and head back out and refuel. Seen a lot of N. African @#ittholes.

fatrap

U.S. Army, 11-B, 2/501st, 101st. Airborne Div. R.V.N. 1968-1969

You were in a tough unit too Warren, Welcome Home!

God Bless all of our young men and women who are today, in harms way. May God hold all of your hands and lead you back home to your loved ones.

Uncle Billy

Glenn

We had better food, ate off of real plates and the meals were served family style not with metal trays and people standing in lines, plus we were paid more.

It was a lot of fun, knowing where we were going for liberty ports, some would have the wife/girlfriend meet them.

Out of 27 year I had 11 years on shore duty.

cq

Happy Memorial Day. Thank you for remembering our fallen warriors who made the ultimate sacrifice for this great nation. On this particular day, my thoughts and prayer go to the Airmen of Spirt 03 and Jockey 14.

Thanks to all that have served and will serve in the future. While I did not serve, I'll instead put my fathers service information up here.

Sgt. in the US Army Air Corp. during WWII - Reconnaissance.

He was credited with participation in the Normandy Invasion, Bastogne and the Battle of the Bulge.

Picture of me standing in front of a WWII Reconnaissance plane at the D Day Memorial in Bedford, VA a few years ago.

WWII DDay Recon Plane.jpg

Tex

I don't seem to get on here much anymore, and still haven't got my boat on the water, or been fishing yet. Anyway, USN(Ret), 1971-1992, MCPO(SW). AO-61, FF-1093, AD-18, ARDM-2, ARS-41. Finishing-up my 14th year teaching NJROTC with probably two to go. Nephew is currently a PO3 serving aboard the Carl Vinson and loves it! :)

Thanks to all past, present, and future members of the Armed Forces.

In the true spirit of Memorial Day, where service of the living is a footnote, I'll post remembrances of Colonel Jim Harrison, Colonel Tom Felts and Colonel John McHugh , all of Fort Leavenworth and all killed while deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. Along with thousands of others who likewise died while doing good and honorable work since our Nation was formed, they will not be soon forgotten.

USAF 1982-1988; 1931st Communications Group/Alaskan Air Command, White House Communications Agency - Camp David. Still work for and with the U.S. Army.

A salute to all Veterans, especially those who paid the ultimate price.

Scott Allen

US Navy - 1967-1971: Boatswain's Mate

- USS Bushnell, Sub Tender, Keywest Fl - 2 yrs

- Washington DC - 6 months (MP Duty)

- USS Valcour, Bahrain, Arabia (Indian Ocean) - 1 yr

- USS Newport News, Norfolk, VA - North Atlantic Cruise

RoyC

I am proud to be on this board with such distinguished members. A salute to all of you.

US ARMY 1966 to 1969.

1966 to 1968 served in the 1st Infantry (Big Red One), 4th Calvary Troop D AIR as a helicopter crew chief and door gunner in Viet Nam survived 1,100 combat flying hours.

I served for 26 years...USAF (June,1966 - July,1992). My son retired from the USAF in March,2009, after serving for 20 years. My thanks to him & to all of you who served this great country. God bless all who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Both boys serving in the US Army.

Oldest, Greg, is in Afganistan with the Special Forces.

Youngest, Jake, is in South Korea.

God bless all our veterans, past and present!

az

Amen to that!! Dad was in the Navy in WWII,..on a Mine Sweeper and an AA gunnery instructor. My brother graduated from the USNA,..served in the USMC and USN for 22+ yrs. Retired from SEAL Team 2 as a Commander after Somalia. Now works in the private sector in Intn'l Counter Terrorism and Nat'l Security.

We must never forget that Freedom is NOT Free!!:angry:

We owe EVERYTHING we have to our Vets!!:wub:

1983 - 2003

Aviation Ordnance

USS America, USS Roosevelt, and USS Nimitz. Have a son at FOB Shank in Afghanistan with the 173rd.

Thanks to all serving and who have served!!!

Latest posts

Back